Phnom Penh guard shot to death by fleeing men

geovalin

Police are continuing to hunt for two suspected thieves who fled into the forest after shooting dead a security guard in Phnom Penh’s Por Sen Chey district yesterday afternoon.

According to Choam Chao commune deputy police chief Nho Serey, the pair crossed paths with the security guard after running through the property of an abandoned house in Prey Tea village at about 2pm, following an attempt to steal an undisclosed amount of cash from a Chinese national, who was not injured.

“The security guard just took a look, and the armed robber shot him dead at the site,” said Srey, who said the victim was shot in the torso, but added an examination of the body was still ongoing.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/phnom-penh-guard-shot-death-fleeing-men

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 07/11

It would appear that shooting and killing a person is not an option anymore but a requirement.

I dont know much about Cambodia's legal sentencing for murderer's,i dont know if they still execute  their convicted murderer's.

But here the death penalty doesnt seem to be a deterrant.I know that Thailand has not executed a convicted muderer for 7 odd years.

I know that up until 1934 they were cutting heads of with a sword,after the executioner had carried out his preliminary dance.

But,i saw a film on a Thai channel three nights ago called 'The last executioner',it was about the last guy to carry out the sentence in this country who had written a book,which i believe is available.It was horrendous.The convicted were taken into an 'execution room' where they were tied to a pole and shot in the back with a 50 cal bullet.Sometimes it took 3 times to kill the subject.On on occasion,when they executed a woman,she was shot 3 times,she was seen to be still alive.They executed her accomplice,who could see the woman laying in a pool of blood on the floor.After he was dead,they lifted her up and tied her to the pole again,and proceeded to shoot her once more.

I have never heard of this type of execution method being carried out in any country.

Even the firing squad would have been more humane.

The question is,when the death sentence prevailed in Thailand,were there less murders,was it a deterrent?.Or are there more murders, now there is no DP.?