Voter turnout 'explodes' among blacks, Hispanics in US

webfact

9 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Similar in the UK with postal votes apparently.

There are no checks on the absentee votes.  Sure they send the ballot to probably the right person, but then it is open loop.  Who records the absentee ballot?  Who verifies and validates them?  Are they archived?  Are there transaction records?  No.  nothing like that exists.  Crazy we don't have a modern, vote registration, recording, confirmation system. Goodness, I do electronic transactions for some significant dollar amounts and I am very confident of the methods and security used.  There are backups, confirmation emails, screen snapshots, etc.  that can be used to make sure things went down correctly

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

There are no checks on the absentee votes.  Sure they send the ballot to probably the right person, but then it is open loop.  Who records the absentee ballot?  Who verifies and validates them?  Are they archived?  Are there transaction records?  No.  nothing like that exists.  Crazy we don't have a modern, vote registration, recording, confirmation system. Goodness, I do electronic transactions for some significant dollar amounts and I am very confident of the methods and security used.  There are backups, confirmation emails, screen snapshots, etc.  that can be used to make sure things went down correctly

There was a by-election in the UK a few years ago, around 20% of the votes cast were by post.

It's often the case, when a populist candidate is in the race - endorsed by extreme groups - that polls underpredict his results  because people who do not think "correctly" ( for instance white "educated" in this case ) may prefer not to declare their choice when asked,.

It's often the case, when a populist candidate is in the race - endorsed by extreme groups - that polls underpredict his results  because people who do not think "correctly" ( for instance white "educated" in this case ) may prefer not to declare their choice when asked,.

A surprisingly high percentage of American whites are not racist morons willing to put a fascist demagogue in power. I remain optimistic the USA is better than that.

The risk of turning  the stake of the elections to a racial issue, and this way gaining support from supremacists  - mays cost the G.O.P further victories due to evolutions in demographics.

Those wo consider " make America white again" as their motto have already won - at least a charismatic sopkesman like Trump. Not yet a POTUS.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A surprisingly high percentage of American whites are not racist morons willing to put a fascist demagogue in power. I remain optimistic the USA is better than that.

I did not formulate it correctly - sorry - I meant - if you belong for the data more to the category - supposed to be more in favor of Democrats - for this 2016 election  - so  "white educated" - there is still a risk if gap between  2 candidates equals = margin error

Also , I doubt Trump supporters only belong to "non educated".   

Edited by Opl

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Give it a rest. Lying  doesn't change what  happened. Libya was a France-Italy-UK   initiated regime change. In case you missed it, Libya was  causing serious problems for the Europeans by facilitating the  tens of thousands of economic migrants. Also,  Italy was dependent upon Libya's oil. The USa wanted  to stay out of Libya. Clinton didn't want to participate.

You gotta be pulling da pi$$

Have you look at the size of the Order of Battle that the US deployed in the Libyan Intervention.

The only part that "Clinton didn't want to participate " in was responding to John Stevens' repeated calls for more security. I didn't see France, Italy or the UK ambassadors getting lynched.

Edited by coma

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Give it a rest. Lying  doesn't change what  happened. Libya was a France-Italy-UK   initiated regime change. In case you missed it, Libya was  causing serious problems for the Europeans by facilitating the  tens of thousands of economic migrants. Also,  Italy was dependent upon Libya's oil. The USa wanted  to stay out of Libya. Clinton didn't want to participate.

Is it possible that somebody understands what really triggered the downfall of Qaddafi?  It was a telephone call from left wing millionaire Bernard Henry Levy from Benghazi to French President Sakozy which triggered immediate intervention to stop Qaddafi making a massacre in Benghazi.

Let us face it :

- in Iraq a dictator was overthrown with full scale US intervention...followed by chaos which still continues

- in Libya a dictator was overthrown by Europeans with the US "leading from the back"...followed by chaos which still continues

- in Syria a dictator was NOT overthrown because the US did not intervene  ....followed by chaos which still continues

Pick your choice !

15 minutes ago, coma said:

You gotta be pulling da pi$$

Have you look at the size of the Order of Battle that the US deployed in the Libyan Intervention.

The only part that "Clinton didn't want to participate " in was responding to John Stevens' repeated calls for more security. I didn't see France, Italy or the UK ambassadors getting lynched.

You didn't see them choosing to go to Benghazi, either.

4 hours ago, oilinki said:

While policies have not been a big issue on this election, those are behind the personalities. When I listened what kind of policies Clinton has, she sounds like a solid and thoughtful person who will continue improving USA and will be good for the western world values.

I think the idea of having 2 bad candidates only come from Trump's campaign. He has repeated it so many times, that many start to think it's true, while it's absolute bullocks. 

Do you really believe the USA is improving?

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, I'm sure Florida, Texas, and Arizona, states with absolute control of the government, are welcoming illegal immigrants to the polls.  

I don't think you understand - if blacks and Hispanics are voting then by definition the polls are rigged against the white men ( especially those with somewhat weather-beaten necks).

Best grab your muskets guys, the slaves and illegals are rising!:smile:

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

"Have also seen dramatic increases in population..." yeah...the mostly illegal and ineligible to vote; but I'm sure Corrupt Hillary will get them to the polls to fraudulently vote anyway...additional proof of election rigging.

Mostly illegal and ineligible to vote? That might be your wish but absolutely false and quite frankly racist.

1 hour ago, Opl said:

I did not formulate it correctly - sorry - I meant - if you belong for the data more to the category - supposed to be more in favor of Democrats - for this 2016 election  - so  "white educated" - there is still a risk if gap between  2 candidates equals = margin error

Also , I doubt Trump supporters only belong to "non educated".   

While his supporters  seem uneducated act that way frequently, Trump is leading in the polls in regards to support from college educated white men. Scary. 

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Too bad whites still make up 2/3rds of the electorate  :thumbsup:

Best subtract the majority of white women from your candidate.

Plus the majority of educated white men.

That pretty well leaves the trailer park window lickers called "Billy Bob" and the likes.

:smile:

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It's not just the minorities, educated white folks aren't buying Trump's con job either.  I do hope Clinton wins in a landslide.  Then these bigoted, racist, alt-right crazies can go back and hide under their rocks.  And yes, these loonies should not have a voice in how America is governed. 

Ah, only those whose views you approve of should be allowed an opportunity to stand for election and be elected.

Are you a member of the EU Commission? If not, you in good accord with them.

That way we can keep the "bigger goals" on track, with just little moves left and right, and screw what the electorate might actually want.

21 minutes ago, Chicog said:

That pretty well leaves the trailer park window lickers called "Billy Bob" and the likes.

I'm not adding or subtracting anyone...just stating a fact.

It's pretty sad in every post you seem to relish name calling and putting down anyone you perceive to be less educated or "sophisticated" than you...the mark of a small mind.

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

While policies have not been a big issue on this election, those are behind the personalities. When I listened what kind of policies Clinton has, she sounds like a solid and thoughtful person who will continue improving USA and will be good for the western world values.

I think the idea of having 2 bad candidates only come from Trump's campaign. He has repeated it so many times, that many start to think it's true, while it's absolute bullocks. 

When the President gives the order to press the button........that kind of policy. What about cyber attack means war.....from her policy.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

I thought they say every democratic country get the best government money can buy.

Actually that's a quote about the influence of lobbyists in Washington, so really only applies to America where lobbyists are so powerful. But Trump will do away with that when he makes America great again :shock1:

7 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

It's pretty sad in every post you seem to relish name calling and putting down anyone you perceive to be less educated or "sophisticated" than you...the mark of a small mind.

Awwww where did you copy that one from then? No way did you write it with all those big words in it.

:wink:

I know you're not subtracting the women and the educated from your totals. That's why I pointed it out to you. Don't want you getting your hopes up.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Chicog

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No Clinton didn't want to participate and thus gave internal orders not to come to the aid of the people in consular building

Edited by hugocnx
typo

10 hours ago, Rob8891 said:

What a poor choice -America is screwed either way. All they can do now is bend over and pass the lube..... No, no, not you Trumpies....No lube for you! ?

It is a bit like a lady given the choice of marrying a guy who screws around and a guy who beats her and does not give her money to maintain herself and the household. You may not feel good about the guy who sleeps around but at least it is better than being beaten regularly and having no money. Just hold your nose and vote Hilary.

44 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Don't forget Trump also has non white voters and white female and intellectual voters. Don't forget alot of Dems who will finally go for Trump. Add this up to your devaluated 2/3 and you probably still end up with more than 50-60 % of the voters. Sorry for your mindset about this: 

"That pretty well leaves the trailer park window lickers called "Billy Bob" and the likes."

Thanks for this piece of inside info. Pretty much shows your disdain for the lower class people.