Are there any 1 bedrooms for less than 15k in the Central/South area?

Hal65

Cheapest I've found is The Base (on 2nd road) which has 1 bedrooms for 15,000/month on a one year contract. I'm open to any place on or west of 3rd road and south of Beach road Soi 6. I'm upgrading from a 5k Thai style apartment so you can imagine I don't need many amenities. I just want a living room to take my laptop while letting someone else doze off in the bedroom.

There's a little row of Thai mansion blocks  - 3 or 4 storey - on soi Chaloem Phrakiat 9, (off 3rd road at the Nova Express). Certainly no pools or in-house massage but good sizes and prices between 10 - 14k. I've got a one-bedder for 13.3k plus bills and it's massive, floor to ceiling French doors on 3 sides. Does me. Only downside; loads of soi dogs hanging around and a bit of noise from the entertainment venues on 3rd road at night, although they have been quiet lately of course but not for too much longer I'm sure. Just about squeezes in to your geographic spec as well

someone at Pattaya Plaza Condo rent out a 74sqm unit at 7.900 Baht recently. It is right on Sukhumvit, near the Pattaya Klang intersection, though due to the current road construction work it is a tad inconvenient atm. But for someone with a motocy, should be problem.

> Cheapest I've found is The Base

You must be joking?

The Base is a brand new condo with very expensive prices for what it is and the size of its apartments.

You easily find apartment for less than 15'000 on condos 10+ years old, and you will have a decent size for this price too. :)

It really depends on what you want and what you are comfortable with.  You can get a bigger, older place with probably fewer amenities or a smaller, newer condo with lots of amenities.  If you can put up with around 30sqm, you can probably find a rental at Unixx, The Base, or Centric Sea for around 15,000 Baht.  All 3 are new, offer at least 2 swimming pools, airconditioned gyms, nice lobbies,  garage parking, sauna, keycard security, etc.  Centric and The Base also have 2 sky lounges with seaviews to escape to if the walls start closing in.  All 3 are in good locations.  I think Unixx runs  a shuttle to Central Festival and Big C North Pattaya. 

I walked around quite a bit this week. The Buakhao sois didn't have many 1 bedrooms at all that were not hotels. I then went North of Klang and found a few spacious places in the 10-15k range. Example: 

7wzH5o7.jpg

One of the things I like most about Patts is walking down beach road from the Klang area. So I think this part of town just north of Klang, will be where I settle based on prices, apartment sizes, and location.

Edited by Hal65

From your description of location, The Base may not be your best option.  I live in The Base and like it a lot, but is not one of the cheaper places in Pattaya.  In the area you want I would say there are literally 1000's of places, many if not most under 15,000 b. I have several friends that have places off 2nd and Third road for 10,000-14,000 b very nice and quiet. Get out there and walk around the Soi's and inquire for your best choice.

Edited by bkk6060