Back from Buriram

PoorSucker

3 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I agree, the Khmer people from that area of Thailand are very warm and friendly and the women often sport a pair of comely assets lacking in their Central and Northern Thai sisters.

"the women often sport a pair of comely assets"

Fashion sunglasses, high heels, earrings, what? :post-4641-1156694572:

Buriram is a big province. Personally I see it as a fly tippers paradise. There seems to be, in my area anyway, a total disregard as to where they dump their rubbish. The village where I live doesn't burn or bury their rubbish, which is collected by the Ampur, they dump it on whatever land and keep piling it up until it gets too big to carry on. They then move on to another place.

12 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I agree, the Khmer people from that area of Thailand are very warm and friendly and the women often sport a pair of comely assets lacking in their Central and Northern Thai sisters.

Me too. . . 

PS. . . like your Alec Baldwin avatar. 

Agreed .. Have only spent a few of days there over a couple of visits and would love to move there.

The expats seem to be busy doing something, some cottage industry, small business other than the norm, or enjoying life. You can always get a decent pie in Buriram.

The dual-carriageways into town seem to be well lit, the roads seem in good shape, which i always put down to their local councilor - there is some local pride with the football team and racing circuit - the police are kept in check. Locals friendly.

Maybe just a shallow opinion, but when coming from the Deep South where local people are quite aggressive, it's a refreshing change.

I moved to a small village in the south of Buri Ram province two and a half years ago, and found it much more friendly than where I previously lived in Roi-Et..

Don't see any evidence of fly tipping in our area and the villagers are keen to keep things neat and tidy with no rubbish tips.

On 08/11/2016 at 4:45 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

A pair of comely assets, what can that be? Mind to enlighten me on that please.

If you mean the boobs then you are looking at women as movable properties bad attitude no?

The missus and I stayed in Buriram on Monday night, I thought that it was a nice-looking town. We drove from Rangsit Muang Ake, a middle class community where the residents throw garbage everywhere, and I was impressed to see how clean Buriram is. The service in the hotel was excellent: kind and courteous. We look forward to stopping there on the way back to Bangkok.

The rapid development of Buriram City over the last five or so years has been amazing, especially in the retail sector.

It has gone from being one of the most moribund backwaters in Thailand to a thriving city and is attracting new investment from all over.

The politics and motivations of Newin Chidchob can be argued endlessly but he has been the point man for this unlikely flowering of an area previously mired in poverty and deserves credit for his foresightedness.

I agree with dddave here. Buriram, like many other upcountry towns and cities  in Thailand, the locals seem to have embraced modernity without allowing it to run rampant. Makes it all the better for those of us who like our creature comforts while enjoying the more traditional things in life....

For those that view Buriram through rose coloured spectacles, I suggest yous get on a bicycle and go explore the place for what it really is.

Below is my local Amphur rubbish tip. A good storm and 50% of that will be spread over Isaan. Out of sight out of mind.

Also, if you ever travel around by bus you will notice one thing. Just before the bus enters the built up area, prior to its next stop, the driver assistant will collect all rubbish. At a certain point, always the same place, the driver will slow down and the rubbish will be thrown out onto the verge. Dirty people. Nice people? No different to anywhere else in Thailand really.

001~33.JPG

Edited by sinbin

On 09/11/2016 at 0:19 PM, chudless said:

Horrible place that has dillusions of grandeur, and very far behind the likes of Khon Kaen, Korat and Udon. Lived there for several years, and much happier since I 

I must say that I have never experienced bus staff throwing rubbish out of the bus.

I do agree that some people have no respect and do drop litter.

Things do seem to be improving though. There was a delivery of rubbish bins in our village recently. The villagers are using them. The local council come around and empty them twice a week. 

Edited by puchooay

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

I must say that I have never experienced bus staff throwing rubbish out of the bus.

I do agree that some people have no respect and do drop litter.

Things do seem to be improving though. There was a delivery of rubbish bins in our village recently. The villagers are using them. The local council come around and empty them twice a week. 

You'll find that the place where they usually discard the bus rubbish is usually the spot where they also empty the toilet tank.

They have them bins in the village where I live also. Different colours for different materials. No one takes a blind bit of notice in them and just blindly empty their rubbish into any of them. Which doesn't surprise me as all three coloured bins get emptied onto the same truck anyway. There is no community recycling depot. It all just gets dumped.

Edited by sinbin

16 hours ago, sinbin said:

You'll find that the place where they usually discard the bus rubbish is usually the spot where they also empty the toilet tank.

They have them bins in the village where I live also. Different colours for different materials. No one takes a blind bit of notice in them and just blindly empty their rubbish into any of them. Which doesn't surprise me as all three coloured bins get emptied onto the same truck anyway. There is no community recycling depot. It all just gets dumped.

Maybe there are no community recycling depots but the private sector seem to have it covered.

In fact I have never witnessed so much recycling anywhere else. There are regular visits from pick ups collecting;  plastic, glass, paper, cardboard amd metal. Looks to be big business.

Edited by puchooay

On 11/9/2016 at 3:23 PM, madusa said:

A pair of comely assets, what can that be? Mind to enlighten me on that please.

If you mean the boobs then you are looking at women as movable properties bad attitude no?

madusa was part of your sociology course gender studies??