Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

President Elect, Donald Trump

Trump = 288 Electoral Votes

Clinton = 215 Electoral Votes

It isn't even close a whitewash. It just shows that polls, the bookies seem to have a vested interest in someone and seem to lose of late, Brexit included. National democracy has prevailed. Tremendous.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

It isn't even close a whitewash. It just shows that polls, the bookies seem to have a vested interest in someone and seem to lose of late, Brexit included. National democracy has prevailed. Tremendous.

I am watching CNN right now.  I did not catch how many states that have not yet completed counting their popular votes, but they said, Donald Trump may get over 300 electoral votes when the states finish counting votes. 

Hey, JDGRUEN, is this, " "Wallpapering Posts on Forum Topics is just another form of Littering designed to drown out the Opposition in order to Claim a Debate Win - Volume of Content is the Intellect of Insecure Egotists" ", the same as someone claiming to win an argument, because they shouted louder and longer than the person they were arguing with?

:smile:

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im just happy we don't have to see her ugly lying mug again.

Didn't even have the decency to address her supporters who've worked so hard.

A real deplorable

Eeeeeeeeeeer, is the final vote been announced yet, or are you in a hurry....?

3 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Hey, JDGRUEN, is this, " "Wallpapering Posts on Forum Topics is just another form of Littering designed to drown out the Opposition in order to Claim a Debate Win - Volume of Content is the Intellect of Insecure Egotists" ", the same as someone claiming to win an argument, because they shouted louder and longer than the person they were arguing with?

:smile:

Just  enjoying the moment ... too bad - so sad ... Hillary Lost -- Trump Won 

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeeeeeer, is the final vote been announced yet, or are you in a hurry....?

It appears there has been enough states with enough popular votes for Trump, that he now has 288 Electoral College votes.  Only 270 Electoral Votes are needed to win the Presidency!

7 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

It appears there has been enough states with enough popular votes for Trump, that he now has 288 Electoral College votes.  Only 270 Electoral Votes are needed to win the Presidency!

Yeh I know, but a poster was slagging the loser for not running to a microphone ASAP...

29 minutes ago, transam said:

But perhaps...........

Transom, thanks for posting this video.  I was in Vietnam involved in COMINT and SINGINT.  Before I left, I worked 12 hours a day, every day for 8 months and helped to save both American and ARVN soldiers lives.  

Towards the end, I was so busy working one position that no one else was qualified to do, that I could not leave to get food.  Other people in a room next to the SIT room, would bring food for me when they came back from the mess hall. 

There were days that I was so busy that it would take me one to two hours to eat a hamburger and french fries.  

Edited by radiochaser

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeh I know, but a poster was slagging the loser for not running to a microphone ASAP...

Clinton did call Trump and concede the election.  But, I think one news channel did say that Clinton did not address her supporters.  But, don't quote me on that. 

18 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Clinton did call Trump and concede the election.  But, I think one news channel did say that Clinton did not address her supporters.  But, don't quote me on that. 

she did not….probably red faced or comatose or both…at being taken down by a political novice.

You're saying the American people voted for an uneducated, selfish, racist, sexist, rapist because of people outside of the US calling them such, or simply because they are?

The demographic spread shows them to be uneducated and history shows them to be racist and sexist.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

5 hours ago, shadmo63 said:

Yes that makes sense. I new there had to be at least one benefit from our compulsory voting system.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I don't know what country you're talking about, but in Australia the compulsory voting system is no big deal. The Electoral Commission send you a letter to ask why you didn't vote. They pretty much accept any reason (I was sick - couldn't get out... whatever), so the possibility of having to pay a fine is remote.

Edited by tropo

6 hours ago, fruitman said:

Trump is there already, you guys follow the wrong websites

The announcement that Hillary had phoned Trump to concede was made at 2:38 am ET. He was on his way over to the election HQ anyway, even before that phone call. That would have been a more interesting speech.

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

I don't know what country you're talking about, but in Australia the compulsory voting system is no big deal. The Electoral Commission send you a letter to ask why you didn't vote. They pretty much accept any reason (I was sick - couldn't get out... whatever), so the possibility of having to pay a fine is remote.

Then I guess the Aussie polls accuracy comes down to there only being 16 million odd voters in the first place? Or their media pundits are better?

30 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Then I guess the Aussie polls accuracy comes down to there only being 16 million odd voters in the first place? Or their media pundits are better?

Elections are called close to election day. They only have 33 - 58 days to campaign, not 18 months as in the US.  The election this year had an 8 week campaign period. There isn't a lot of time to corrupt the minds of voters.

It's hard to compare the 2 countries. The 2 main parties got just over 13.5 million votes this year. I see nearly 120 million popular votes so far for Trump and Clinton.

Australia is a big landmass with a comparatively small population

Current population of Australia: 24.3 million

Population of California: 38.8 million.

Even Texas has a larger population than Australia and Florida is fairly close.

Just noticed this:

Trump is the 45th president of USA.

Australia has just elected (July 2016) its 45th parliament.

Edited by tropo

Well done, Trump.  Now all you have to do is prove all your detractors wrong.  You successfully did that with winning the Republican nomination and then the Presidential election itself, against all the odds.  Now is your opportunity to prove that a businessman can out-perform a life-time politician.  Should not be too difficult as they soon lose touch with reality and how ordinary people have to live.

Oh really, I was talking about Australia. Obviously I'm not a fan of compulsory voting, which only exists in 4 countries on the planet. Been fined numerous times at local, state and federal level.

1 hour ago, shadmo63 said:

Oh really, I was talking about Australia. Obviously I'm not a fan of compulsory voting, which only exists in 4 countries on the planet. Been fined numerous times at local, state and federal level.

I'm a fan. You can just cast an informal vote if you really don't want to decide.

In the US voter turnout at national elections is low: 60% at presidential elections and 40% at mid-term.

At the last Australian Federal Elections the voter turnout was 94%.

The fine is $20. No big deal. 

7 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Well done, Trump.  Now all you have to do is prove all your detractors wrong.  You successfully did that with winning the Republican nomination and then the Presidential election itself, against all the odds.  Now is your opportunity to prove that a businessman can out-perform a life-time politician.  Should not be too difficult as they soon lose touch with reality and how ordinary people have to live.

Do you think Trump has more responsibility to perform that any other president before him?

Don't most presidential candidates promise the earth and deliver little? 

There's always detractors. Give him a break. I'm sure he's going to try the best he can and one thing is for sure, he's the most hard working campaigner ever seen... he never sleeps! If he puts that kind of effort into his job I'm sure he's going to get a lot more done than most before him. Running a country is always an experiment no matter who's in power. There are no guarantees.