How Helpful?

corkscrew

Would you care to enlighten a hick from up-country?

It is an 'intelligent road sign', the green bits of the map change colour according to traffic conditions ahead, theoretically so you can avoid the congested routes.

In my experience the traffic is awful no matter what colour the signs are displaying.

IMHO the signs are no more than a vehicle to make the advertising screens the their side legal, as a traffic aid they are of little use.

Same goes for the 'intelligent taxi stops' of which I've seen a number, none of which appear to actually do anything.

Would you care to enlighten a hick from up-country?

It is an 'intelligent road sign', the green bits of the map change colour according to traffic conditions ahead, theoretically so you can avoid the congested routes.

In my experience the traffic is awful no matter what colour the signs are displaying.

IMHO the signs are no more than a vehicle to make the advertising screens the their side legal, as a traffic aid they are of little use.

Same goes for the 'intelligent taxi stops' of which I've seen a number, none of which appear to actually do anything.

I agree with Crossy. The signs would me more accurate if their default setting was "RED". Perhaps it could flicker "GREEN" at 6 AM on a Sunday that is followed by a bank holiday on the following Monday.

These signs are about as useful as the pollution index board at the corner of Lumpini Park.

And the reason for there complete uselessness?

Whats displayed is manually controlled by the traffic cops, so they just press a button to change the colour according to what they think the traffic is like.......fine when its not busy, but when they leave the police box to make the traffic worse they don't bother going back to update it.

Would be a whole lot better if they had a proper traffic monitoring system on the main roads....something like trafficmaster in the UK that uses a combination of under road sensors and sensors attached to bridges to monitor traffic flow :o