Brawl Breaks Out At Kasikornbank Branch Over Commemorative Bills

webfact

Brawl Breaks Out At Kasikornbank Branch Over Commemorative Bills

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter -

MANUSPAA.jpg

A brawl breaks out after a older lady appears to cut in front of a younger woman at the Big C Bangpakok branch of Kasikornbank Wednesday where long lines had formed to buy limited edition banknotes.

BANGKOK  — Chaos erupted at a Kasikornbank branch Wednesday when a woman cut in front of a group of younger people in a long queue to purchase new commemorative banknotes.

Lines started forming early in the morning to buy Kasikornbank’s two special edition bills: one commemorating His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol’s 60th birthday in 1987 and another the 100th anniversary of paper currency in 2002. Each customer was limited to one purchase.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2016/11/10/brawl-breaks-kasikornbank-branch-bills/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-10

32 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

My wife and her friend got a set each

I asked them why

Answer

They will be worth a lot of money soon :whistling:

Maybe in 50 to 100 years they will,  never seen 2 women so sad   :crying:

At the bank they sell for 60baht, limited to 220,00 print run. They are already going for 800 baht here in the market in Bangkok.

Edited by Pui

what did the big white chief say, "no profiteeing on this sad occasion", yep this lot don't care a monkeys, so they are out to make a quick buck, its all show and  blackT shirts gone up 50 baht.. people i know just taking selfies and laughing, whilst queuing to pay respects.just to say " i was there". how sad, i think some of us farangs show more respect.

5 hours ago, Pui said:

At the bank they sell for 60baht, limited to 220,00 print run. They are already going for 800 baht here in the market in Bangkok.

Which market in Bangkok?

I often hear these claims from Thais, but they turn out to be rumours three-times removed.

It's like religious amulets - claim to be worth thousands of Baht, but no buyers.

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

T.I.T.  The longer you live here the less surprising this behaviour becomes.  

Have you ever seen a mob of        kids flash shopping in the US. Makes this country look very civilized.   I never confront people who jump the Que. but I like it when somebody else does.  Scum bags.

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what did the big white chief say, "no profiteeing on this sad occasion", yep this lot don't care a monkeys, so they are out to make a quick buck, its all show and  blackT shirts gone up 50 baht.. people i know just taking selfies and laughing, whilst queuing to pay respects.just to say " i was there". how sad, i think some of us farangs show more respect.

Maybe some but not on this post.