Thai Bank Statement For Proof Of Address

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

With a sworn affirmation from embassy is diffrent than just presenting thai DL. 

Yes, well that's pretty obvious ennit?

I have already twice run the gamut of two UK bank's ill conceived personal verification requirements for a UK citizen to prove that he is NOT resident in the UK. As others have mentioned, requests to 'pop in to a local branch', get a policeman, doctor or Justice of the Peace to sign..., etc. They always assume that there's a local branch on the 'High Street', the bobbies are friendly and every other country's social structure is the same as the UK's. I thought I had it cracked a couple of years ago when I found there was an ATM inside the Bangkok branch of RBS. However, after I called them, I was told that it isn't connected to the same system as RBS's UK High Street ATM's!  What possible use is that bloody machine? When it comes to utility bills in a foreign language, they just go back and repeat the same unobtainable or unacceptable things (like the HSBC list posted earlier) minus the ones that they've just been told that can't be done of course.

10 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

As I stated earlier a quick trip to your branch a headed letter confirming your bank account with your address all in English job done 15 mins max 100 bht HSBC accept this I know have done it numerous times with them.

Although this has worked for you and some others, there are members who have had less success in getting such a document from the local branch of their bank. It is a bit like the IO rigmarole where there are rules and regulations but each one chooses to either observe ignore or worst case, make up their own.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Although this has worked for you and some others, there are members who have had less success in getting such a document from the local branch of their bank. It is a bit like the IO rigmarole where there are rules and regulations but each one chooses to either observe ignore or worst case, make up their own.

Sorry but every bank I have been with here has always supplied a letter when asked. 

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sorry but every bank I have been with here has always supplied a letter when asked. 

Why are you sorry about that?

I feel sorry for those that can't get a compliant bank.

Are you one of those 'last word' types BTW?