Tell Pres. Elect Trump how we feel about being taxed overseas

There's a new website where we can submit ideas on how to "Make America Great Again".  Regardless of your political affiliation, this is a good opportunity for all us US citizens living overseas to tell how we feel about belonging to the only country in the world that taxes it's citizens overseas.

Here's the site.  You can submit any suggestion you want. 

https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

3 minutes ago, shiroboi said:

Regardless of your political affiliation, this is a good opportunity for all us US citizens living overseas to tell how we feel about belonging to the only country in the world that taxes it's citizens overseas.

Both the UK and AU tax their citizens overseas, same as the USA. 

AU is worse than both the UK and USA. 

If memory serves, the UK gets like 179 days in the UK and can get out of taxes, and the USA is like 35 days, AU changed recently and give no break to its citizens unless they completely move out (I may be wrong on some of this, sure someone will correct me)

If your living in Thailand and making an income, you should not have to pay taxes in the USA on that income. If your paying Tax in Thailand, you should not have to pay tax in the USA. 

Sooooo basically I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about. 

Do you think trump has respect for Americans living abroad? Wow. :whistling:

Anyway, good luck.

I won't bother because I won't participate in the farce of his presidency, but as long as you're posting stuff to the wind, how about asking for Medicare to apply to expats as well.

Also, to abolish need for FBAR and FACTA for expats that are actually RESIDENT abroad for the national banks of their residency.

Dream the impossible dream. 

Edited by Jingthing