Brighton College Bangkok set to add Prep and Senior levels

rooster59

Brighton College Bangkok set to add Prep and Senior levels

By THANAPAT THONGPAIWAN 
THE SUNDAY NATION

f6327f3e742dec62226a424ae6af6ff0.jpeg

First year PrePrep School students (23 years old) learn how to cook through cookinglike simulation following Brighton International College Bangkok's will to promote learning through playing improving the pupils both physically and mentally.

AFTER the successful launch of its pre-prep classes this year, the Brighton College Bangkok is now planning to expand its educational services to the Prep and Senior levels by September next year.

While the school opened only recently in the Thai capital, its legacy dates back more than 150 years. It is part of Brighton College, founded in 1845, and was named the UK Independent School of the Year for 2013-14 at the Independent Schools Awards.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30299859

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-13

It would be interesting to understand the financial objectives of Brighton College and similar schools in Thailand.All I believe have local partners but one is never sure whether on the Thai side this is simply a prestigious business.As for Brighton College is the main objective to make profits to endow scholarships back home in light of UK government pressure to increase diversity? Maybe there are other motives at work but one is never told about them.It seems to me that Brighton, Harrow, Shrewsbury are possibly exploiting their overseas franchises in favour of their parent schools.My criticism would fall away if there was an equal effort to increase diversity in the Thailand franchises.But my guess is they will be mainly rich Sino Thai ghettoes.

Archived