AC Brands are they all ok, why not?

Grubster

Just now, Crossy said:

What was the response from LG against the standard 12 month warranty?

Are you in a particularly corrosive environment?

They replaced it quick enough but had to pay 8000bht for next one . Nowhere near the sea and its under a roof.

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

I have a dakin inverter very pleased with it. no problems with our all to frequent power losses. our installer is very familiar with them and services it with no problem. I also have a inverter fridge and freezer and both run lovely. all the scare mongers saying don't buy inverters are in my opinion just that scare mongers.

Exactly ! as I said, people should only talk about what they know ! BUt I understand that it means almost nothing for most...

8 hours ago, Grubster said:

OK thanks guys.  I just googled " advantages and disadvantages of a dc inverter ac".   They seem to think that the good out weighs the bad buy a big margin, I really like the part about the inverter not being effected at all by brown outs as they still take what they need for inversion.  I get a lot of brown outs.  They didn't mention the fact that oversizing is much less of an issue because they can operate at much less BTU output once the thermostat is satisfied. The compressor never shuts off it only backs down so no stop and start [noisy], and humidity will still be reduced as it is running. Electric savings is very significant.

Draw backs are Price, and must have a serviceman familiar with inverters. Cost of parts. It uses R401A refrigerant, but that may turn into an advantage as R22 is currently being banned across the world.

As far as brand goes I think I will go with Mitsubishi as I can afford the initial outlay and I have not seen Daikin in my area. I think most use a Mitsubishi compressor anyway. I hope I am making the right decision.

I will be running a few of these 24/7. I think if I was just cooling my bedroom for sleep I would have made a different choice.

Thanks again.

Draw backs are Price, and must have a serviceman familiar with inverters.

Even this is so wrong ! not much price difference anymore except if few thousands baht means something for you, and except the BAANORK technicians who didn't finish school everybody knows inverters now !

But you are right about brand, Mitsubishi and Daikin, except that I don't buy a brand that sells so ugly cars ! hahaha

4 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Draw backs are Price, and must have a serviceman familiar with inverters.

Even this is so wrong ! not much price difference anymore except if few thousands baht means something for you, and except the BAANORK technicians who didn't finish school everybody knows inverters now !

But you are right about brand, Mitsubishi and Daikin, except that I don't buy a brand that sells so ugly cars ! hahaha

Very true but that was the report from the web, probably outdated a bit. With inverter and good brand it is about 10,000 baht higher but all the goods covers that pretty fast. Just to many pluses to ignore. I did heating and air conditioning all my life but was on the installation side doing large commercial and industrial sheet metal installations so I didn't have a lot of the tech. work. I really learned the importance of proper sizing though and these new inverters will still dehumidify even if oversized. I'm not real sure about the service part up here in the jungle but I'm gonna find out I guess.