Widespread use of antibiotics in Thailand worries EU

webfact

very easy right, no more antibiotics sold over the counter & no free give away by doctor's for a cough, sore throat, ear ache , ...

and maybe tell people, when they got them, to finish the course and not stop after 2 days "when they feel better"

On 11/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, hansnl said:

Good chance your doctor in the "elite" hospital is sidelining there.

The 30-baht "clinics" are not to blame, but the overpriced, overcharging, private businesses where money is the most important factor and not your health.

Side effect of the private business is the negative influence on the state hospitals and their patients.

"My doctor"?  My "elite" hospital?  Unlettered and predictable.  

Of course, it's private business doing all they can to generate a profit.  The 30-baht clinics are complicit.  The pharmacies are complicit.  The authorities in place to protect consumers in matters like this are complicit.  What's your point? 

Edited by AlphMichaels

So is this the next big thing to global warming or perhaps WW3. Yet another storm in a tea cup.I can't help wondering if this gerrymandering from the EU is not all about the big pharmaceutical companies lining the pockets of corupt EU officials so they can stop 3 world countries accessing cheap antibiotics and instead have to buy there's at a much inflated price. Do I really care answer no I don't. Will it affect me in any way yes if they get there way I will have to pay more for antibiotics or maybe not even be able to access them. Word to EU it's in the initials European Union something thailand isn't part of.