Spending Money

Don one

You sir are going to have the time of your life, its hard to spend that much but I have done it. Man was it fun. Please be careful and don't flash it just spend it. Have fun I'm jealous of you.  You should also ask of some does and don'ts here,  I don't know Bangkok well but you could get a ton of advice here on TV. Don't let the 1st lady set the hook.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did research then, cos l ain't in your 'everybody knows'...

Maybe I should have said nearly everyone knows excluding trans. I think if you google chiang mai and pensioner you will have more than enough info

Keeps in mind it has the cheapest housing in Thailand when you consider its also a big town with approx 40000 expats

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes more than enough.  You can eat at some of the best restaurants in Bangkok and have some high class girls every day. Also good whiskey wine and other exotic experiences.  Plenty of money for cultural tours-shooting- days trips with a model/guide who will give you skilled sex and RGFE. 

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

You know you are right about that. I've done it and came up short.

Even worse when you wake the next day and see the sms messages from your bank and discover you made a few visits to the atm during the night !!

Just now, Don Mega said:

Even worse when you wake the next day and see the sms messages from your bank and discover you made a few visits to the atm during the night !!

Yeah done that to , but usually when I'm that far gone I can't remember my pin #. Really I've forgot several nights. Some times confusion and bad memory works in my favor.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:41 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Are you joking ? The Thais will love you as they drain every last baht out of your pocket. You are what they call a two week millionare. Do you plan to flash your money around? Your the type of guy i tend to keep a safe distance from.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

You're out of touch.

A girl for the night will take care of over half of that.

A few heavy drinking sessions with lots of lady's drinks and a decent restaurant meal will take care of the rest.

It's not over the top spending for a guy on a short holiday wanting to really enjoy himself.

5000 baht bar tabs are quite commonplace these days. I've been out with friends who notched up a 12,000 baht bar tab in under 2 hours.

If the OP is not careful he'll be heading to the ATM to top up.

Edited by tropo

Just now, borrfors said:

I didn´t even spend that amount when I lived in Sweden. But ofcourse you could spend 12 000 baht a day depending of what you want to do. Personally I think 2000 Baht for a holliday per day is more normal.

It would be a boring holiday at that budget.

51 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Maybe I should have said nearly everyone knows excluding trans. I think if you google chiang mai and pensioner you will have more than enough info

Keeps in mind it has the cheapest housing in Thailand when you consider its also a big town with approx 40000 expats

Jeeze MF you must be really bored this PM or maybe just working on a heavy weekend, given some of the things you've come up with today!

And we need proof on the 40,000 expats figure and the cheapest housing in Thailand else it's just waffle. Wait, forget the proof, it's just waffle.

BTW the city of Chiang Mai is capitalised, just like you capitalised Thailand in your most recent post. My TVF nick is not capitalised purposely, just to be clear what or you are referring to in your posts.

Edited by chiang mai

On 11/19/2016 at 2:06 PM, chrisinth said:
On 11/19/2016 at 1:47 PM, RaggaTwin said:

Spoil sport.

Wow, your selectively cut quote above shows me to be endorse TAT's vision of 'true' tourists..........................:smile:

Question for the clever, how do i reply to a post and show not only the member's answer but what he was replying to as well? I've tried quote and multi-quote but can't figure it......................:sad: 

Just mark the whole thing and klick on the "quote this" that will pop up.

I'm not looking if you had answer already to many posts :smile: 

27 minutes ago, bokningar said:
On 11/19/2016 at 2:06 PM, chrisinth said:
On 11/19/2016 at 1:47 PM, RaggaTwin said:

Spoil sport.

Wow, your selectively cut quote above shows me to be endorse TAT's vision of 'true' tourists..........................:smile:

Question for the clever, how do i reply to a post and show not only the member's answer but what he was replying to as well? I've tried quote and multi-quote but can't figure it......................:sad: 

Just mark the whole thing and klick on the "quote this" that will pop up.

I'm not looking if you had answer already to many posts :smile: 

OK, cheers for that bokningar, seems to work. When i tried this before, i think i was copying the (in this example) '27 minutes ago, bokningar said:' and that was blocking the 'quote this' active box.

Again, thanks for that....................:smile:

2 minutes ago, perdido said:

...what's a BTS tourist pass , when it's at home ?

You had the energy to type a whole question asking what it is yet you didn't have enough left to type three letters into Google to find out!

Bangkok (mass) Transit System, the sky train et al.

1 minute ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

BTW is the skytrain...1 day unlimktrd is 140 THB..I think..3 day subway is 210 THB....MRT subway is a little cheaper....there will be more integration on fares in the future.

Stay off the sauce! BTW indeed. :post-4641-1156694572:

On 11/17/2016 at 3:46 PM, Don one said:

Hi all

Very quick question. I will be going to Bangkok in February for fifteen nights. Hotel is payed for. I will be just there to have fun. Is 12000 baht a day enough spending money?

Don

Absolutely NOT if you find a luxury hotel for 12.500 a day .....

For fun only... Depending on your capacities, libido and medical statement.

For a normal hedonism, it should be more than enough even in Bkk

I didn´t even spend that amount when I lived in Sweden. But ofcourse you could spend 12 000 baht a day depending of what you want to do. Personally I think 2000 Baht for a holliday per day is more normal.

It would be if you came to Thailand to visit temples and drink green tea but that would get old quickly

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

It would be if you came to Thailand to visit temples and drink green tea but that would get old quickly

There is a variety of tea's available. Regular black tea or why not white tea? It can also be had both warm and cold so I cant see how its gonna get old that quickly. 

5 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Especially if you are fat, bald, and your extremities are disproportionately short..the bad teeth don't really get a discount, either.  5000 here is crazy and unnecessary.

Sorry wasn't talking about girls, they are free for some of us. Hope your OK.

On 17/11/2016 at 10:41 AM, Mitkof Island said:

Are you joking ? The Thais will love you as they drain every last baht out of your pocket. You are what they call a two week millionare. Do you plan to flash your money around? Your the type of guy i tend to keep a safe distance from.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

he's coming for that..... Stop being a frustrated kill joy....

Some of us are happy with Life.......

15 hours ago, Gary A said:

I've found that myself and SOME of my friends have burnt out on the bright lights, frantic activities and noise of the city. I am able to enjoy myself on less than 1,000 baht per day. As mentioned, SOME spend 1,000 baht per hour. Bangkok got scratched off my list of enjoyable destinations when Washington Square was razed. That was the place where all my old friends congregated and where we enjoyed shooting the bull and telling lies. Only memories now.

Yeap..... The 60's are over.....

8 hours ago, chrisinth said:

OK, cheers for that bokningar, seems to work. When i tried this before, i think i was copying the (in this example) '27 minutes ago, bokningar said:' and that was blocking the 'quote this' active box.

Again, thanks for that....................:smile:

Glad to be able to help 

Need to have some posts on TV not just taking the piss :biggrin: