Samui local reunites tourist with bag full of cash

snoop1130

Samui local reunites tourist with bag full of cash

Kongleaphy Keam

1_20161117173440546_OMuulaVnDYqUfhVuOxJu

SAMUI:-- A Good Samaritan yesterday returned a Swiss tourist’s lost bag, after it had gone missing on Tuesday.

The bag, belonging to Markus Joost, contained 16,000 baht in cash, credit cards, an iPhone and a passport.

The 32-year-old Samui resident, Sarawut Somsawat, works as a gardener at the Anantara resort. He reportedly found the bag in front of a picture of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the side of the road near Resotel Beach Resort.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samui-local-reunites-tourist-bag-full-cash/65880?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 201-11-17

Yes, it is positive news, and kudos to the fella for returning it.

It does baffle me, however, how so many people seem to treat their passport as a just travel accessory, rather than the vital document it actually is.

Mine stays in my pocket, not a carry bag, and only comes out when it is completely necessary.

Over the years I have wandered off from many bars and  restaurants in Samui leaving personal belongings behind, I can't recall one time that I have gone back to be told, "no we haven't seen your things", They are usually either where I left them or have been put behind the bar for safe keeping. There are more good people out there than bad, it's a shame that sometimes the minority of bad people affect our views of the good one's.

Archived