25 x 12 meter swimming pool.. floor..

Bjornqa

A friend of mine are starting on a big "public pool" next week. 25 X 12 meters.
We having a discussion on how thick the floor need to be, and how thick reinforced steel etc... anyone whit experience or an edjucated answer ????

Allmost all picture and information i can find uses 12mm steel - two layers - 20x20 spacing and 20cm thick floor. But shorty its not enough for this pool ?????

It vill be a 1,2 to 1,6 deep. Overflow. Saltwater.

3 hours ago, chiang mai said:

It looks like 435 cubic metres which is 435,000 litres of water which is 435,000 kgs. If correct, 20 cms base seems woefully inadequate, but I'm no builder.

I think that if it is dug out from the ground then the surrounding earth will support it.

Having said that personally I would want around 30cm in the base and perhaps 20cm on the walls.

Get yourself a structural engineer , that is the only way you can be sure.

Even if you strike gold and find such an engineer on this forum the answer that you get will be very broad and sweeping. There are to many variables depending on ground type , water table and no one can answer that  from behind a keyboard.

Having worked on the designed  and installation of  the hydraulics and filtration systems  for many such pools  all in ground work always came under the structural engineers and from what I recall no two structures were the same .

Good luck in sourcing a salt water chlorinator for that  size pool. 

Agree with Sappersrest here especially on a public build.

I finished my pool in August and while it only measures 12 x 5m it is 2.3m at the deep end.

It is dug into virgin clay ground with a 300mm hardcore base and 300mm reinforced concrete base.

The hardcore should be compacted in 100mm layers using a whacker.

The base rebar we used 16mm tied, not welded. You need to leave a minumum 35mm space between the rebar cage and concrete base bottom and top to allow the aggregate in the concrete to flow.

Walls should be HD hollow block 390 x 190 x 190mm double-skinned and use 10mm rebar up through the hollow block and for the two walls secure together with wall ties.

There's an awful lot to consider and if you don't have a comprehensive design then don't start it.

I spent two years researching books and online articles before starting, took 6 months to complete including landscaping and roof.

Take Sappersrest's advice.

I have seen two residential swimming pools while under construction and as completed swimming pools that were built by an English Foundation contractor. If the OP is located in Isaan or Pattaya then it would be worth the time to meet with Paul Bodkin of Isaan Pools.  I have bought swimming pool equipment and swimming pool supplies from this Thailand supplier that discounts and seems to know the products.  http://thailandpoolshop.com/  I did not buy swimming pool equipment for a resort or hotel sized swimming pool. Getting an experienced swimming pool builder who is a native English speaker with actual construction experience, might serve the Op.  

We really tried to find a structural engineer, but to find one that know, and not think he know its not easy.

We just didn't find the right man yet, and im not shore he vill be a thai...

I know we have several of the big companies whit some clever foreigner leaders in this group, and i was hoping i got an answer there..

If anyone could help i would be thankful ;) 

If the OP views some of the residential swimming pools built in Isaan by Paul Bodkin he should be able to see swimming pool construction and swimming pool control panels not usually done by a National franchise swimming pool builder in Thailand.   http://isaanpools.com/gallery/   There is a water park worth visiting in Nang Rong that JD Pool designed and built. 

• 2 months later...

Archived