hot dog and Burger buns

jimmyyy

For some strange reason I can not find a single hot dog or burger bun in Khon Kaen.  Now both family mart and 7/11 sell hot dogs and some form of pork burger with said roll.   I went to Makro, big C, Tesco, Tops, and struck out.  If anyone could advise me of where i could find them it would make a 7 year old very happy.  Thank you!

As said I also use sliced bread for my hot dog buns and works fine (better taste than actual buns) - and the ends are the best if you only need occasionally.  Don't eat burgers at home anymore but those buns have always been a bit hard to find, even here in Bangkok, but there may be local made buns that could be sliced to use.  

But admit I might not have been impressed with sliced bread as a 7 year old.  Times almost 10 and it becomes preferred.

Farmhouse bread brand makes burger and hot dog buns and I have seen them at most of the places mentioned. I have gotten store brand buns at Tesco and Makro here in Ubon.

There are times they will be out of stock since they often sell out.

You also might want to check at a large bakery who might have them.

S&P is very different from one stall to another here in Bangkok but yes some do sell buns (have to slice them).  But even those that sell you have to be there at the right time as they place small orders due expiration so can be sold out.  Expect they could order for you however if you make contact with owner.  They also make a cranberry & raisin bun that expect could be used as a hamburger container (but most S&P here in Bangkok do not carry them).  

1349776645-Cranberry%20Bread%20thumb.jpg1349775228-Hot%20Dog%20Bread%20thumbnail.jpg

Have you tried Tops bakery ? Here in Sakon Nakhon they usually have burger rolls, not so with the hot dog rolls though. Well, not exactly a burger roll as most of us know, but a bread roll that does the trick for me.

Have you found a local burger you like ? ask where they get their buns.

Just a thought.

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Hot Dog Buns, Yes, Burger Buns No.

The Cake/Cookie/Bread stall right outside Tops in KK Central Plaza always has them

Called "Yamazaki".

Best for all "white" bread stuff.

A chain with a couple of shops around Thailand.

I buy their rolls as a change from my usual German type rye bread.

On 11/20/2016 at 11:22 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Called "Yamazaki".

Best for all "white" bread stuff.

A chain with a couple of shops around Thailand.

I buy their rolls as a change from my usual German type rye bread.

Actually I was referring to the S&P 'island, right in front of Yamazaki & Tops

...they also sell those awesome sun dried banana cakes, but I digress

Edited by GinBoy2

I remember I bought many hot dog buns in one of the bigger outlets (Big C, Macro, tesco, etc) in KKC, a year ago. cant remember which one.

Funny how several of the members here did not pick up it was Khon Kaen he asked about. Still 3-4 other cities were mentioned. 

Maybe bragging rights of who has the best buns.

;-)