Thailand’s Justice Minister Stands Firm on Removing Krathom and Marijuana from Narcotic Drug List

webfact

51 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I have heard this "pot is not as bad as alcohol" a thousand times, frankly it's boring and I cannot be bothered to get into a debate with you about it. I have as much information as I want to gather on this subject and my opinion is I am against, I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. So go and bang your drum somewhere else, I've heard it all before.

Good thing is your opinion doesnt matter.If Thailand decides to do the only wright thing and decriminalise ganja,they goin to do it if you like or not.

And: pot is much safer than alcohol.Not a opinion but a proofen fact!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am 100% for legalizing pott, though I have never done it myself. Obviously there are a bunch of medical uses, there are basically no deaths caused by the use of it and hemp is also of use in many industries! I just have a problem, when a government like this muppet- show tries legalization. I have the feeling there might be a hidden agenda here!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

I am 100% for legalizing pott, though I have never done it myself. Obviously there are a bunch of medical uses, there are basically no deaths caused by the use of it and hemp is also of use in many industries! I just have a problem, when a government like this muppet- show tries legalization. I have the feeling there might be a hidden agenda here!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think the hidden agenda is that they are doin it to make money(Taxes if ever really legalized and puttin thousends of people in prison costs a lot too) and in this case just let them do it!

8 hours ago, nikotin said:

Good thing is your opinion doesnt matter.If Thailand decides to do the only wright thing and decriminalise ganja,they goin to do it if you like or not.

And: pot is much safer than alcohol.Not a opinion but a proofen fact!

And your opinion doesn't matter either, they may never do this.

Alcohol in moderation does no harm at all, i am sure smoking pot is the same. Its not the sensible people with self control we should ever worry about but the excessive users and abusers. In those instances, like alcohol pot is not safe or good for you.. plus what about the carcinogenic effect of smoking it which has been proven?

Anyway, the argument that alcohol is legal only supports to me that that pot should remain illegal,,, look at the damage alcohol does in society.

It's such an easy thing for people to jump on the bandwagon and say "legalise" but to me it's just not the right solution. My view may be one that people call "out of date" or stuffy but frankly I don't care and by the way I not an old man.

But as you rightly say my opinion does not matter here and neither does yours.. Enjoy your day.

1 hour ago, nikotin said:

I think the hidden agenda is that they are doin it to make money(Taxes if ever really legalized and puttin thousends of people in prison costs a lot too) and in this case just let them do it!

This could well be the case, particularly if the profits are going to Malaysian (krathom) and Laos (marijuana) producers/dealers/importers which would grate with the Thais.

I might add you put a 19-year-old in prison for 18 months for drugs, you don't just have the cost of supporting him for 18 months in prison, there is a considerable further loss to the economy as this person will have far worse skills, tax-paying, career and lifestyle outcomes which means.

Less work done over lifetime

Lower skills

Less tax paid

More chance of going back to prison

This needs to be weighed against the advantage of putting these people in prison in terms of deterrent, protection of society, etc.

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

And your opinion doesn't matter either, they may never do this.

Alcohol in moderation does no harm at all, i am sure smoking pot is the same. Its not the sensible people with self control we should ever worry about but the excessive users and abusers. In those instances, like alcohol pot is not safe or good for you.. plus what about the carcinogenic effect of smoking it which has been proven?

Anyway, the argument that alcohol is legal only supports to me that that pot should remain illegal,,, look at the damage alcohol does in society.

It's such an easy thing for people to jump on the bandwagon and say "legalise" but to me it's just not the right solution. My view may be one that people call "out of date" or stuffy but frankly I don't care and by the way I not an old man.

But as you rightly say my opinion does not matter here and neither does yours.. Enjoy your day.

They already doin it...takin it of the narcotic drug list in this country is as good as legal.

Alcohol is a nerve poison and is very sure doin alot of harm to your body if u would drink like more than 2 beer a day already.

While if you would consume ganja on a daily basis would not only not do any harm but you could benefit from it.Yeah smoking is very bad for you,but you can easiy vaporize without any combustion.

Yes every drug (alcohol is very hard drug if consumed in mases and regulary) should not be used all the time,but from all drugs available ganja is the most harmless.

Believe me,i seen it all,really all and i tell you ganja is the most harmless drug out there while alcohol is the drug that harms society the most a 100%.

I do not say you should illegalise alcohol,but i say you have to be fair and it cannot be that you can go to a bar get shitfaced like you like and everybody thinks its perfectly fine,i get caught with a much more harmless drug have to fear bein imprisoned and labeld a criminal.

And the US already understood,europe is goin to be the same in the next decade and now we see common sense also spreading to thailand.

good times that will proof how wrong u and all the others that label ganja as dangerous and bad for society are.

peace brother

21 hours ago, nikotin said:

They already doin it...takin it of the narcotic drug list in this country is as good as legal.

Alcohol is a nerve poison and is very sure doin alot of harm to your body if u would drink like more than 2 beer a day already.

While if you would consume ganja on a daily basis would not only not do any harm but you could benefit from it.Yeah smoking is very bad for you,but you can easiy vaporize without any combustion.

Yes every drug (alcohol is very hard drug if consumed in mases and regulary) should not be used all the time,but from all drugs available ganja is the most harmless.

Believe me,i seen it all,really all and i tell you ganja is the most harmless drug out there while alcohol is the drug that harms society the most a 100%.

I do not say you should illegalise alcohol,but i say you have to be fair and it cannot be that you can go to a bar get shitfaced like you like and everybody thinks its perfectly fine,i get caught with a much more harmless drug have to fear bein imprisoned and labeld a criminal.

And the US already understood,europe is goin to be the same in the next decade and now we see common sense also spreading to thailand.

good times that will proof how wrong u and all the others that label ganja as dangerous and bad for society are.

peace brother

I think you make some decent points, I have to be fair about this. But I wish you would stop comparing it to alcohol, this seems to be the biggest point that most Pro Cannabis campaigners make. Alcohol is legal, cannot change that and I agree it is damaging if consumed irresponsibly.

But please look at cannabis on it's own merits alone, this is where I fail to see the reason for legalising it.

I have seen (in my life) multiples of instances where people "abuse" it and use in excess, the result was not good. I can give you 2 short instances,, 1 guy i worked with indulged in excess every single day, he could not remember what he was doing at work, his whole demeanour was of laziness, basically he just didn't give a sh*t about anything,, it was damaging his relationships with his family and he eventually got fired.

Second lady I know smoked in excess and moved onto other things. I know that there has been plenty of talk about it not being a "gateway" drug but this has now been proven to be incorrect for excessive users. She moved onto other substances and ended up injecting speed and sadly contracted HIV,,, she is still alive today and on medication and I am happy to say clean but it all started with her excessive use of cannabis and she openly admits this today herself.

Another point is I dont like seeing kids drunk in the streets, the last thing I want to see is a society of stoned kids as well, and I believe it will happen.

For medicinal purposes I see no problem with its use, but this is already happening. For example, In the UK the drug Sativex has 2 active ingredients found in Cannabis (THC and CBD), it's used to relieve muscle pain in MS sufferers. 

There are many other reasons such as the proven link to depression, mental health issues and of course the smoking itself.

So, I believe it is inaccurate to say it is harmless because it isn't. Of course anything in moderation is usually ok but when looking at legalising that's not what you look at, you look at the effects of long term and heavy use and when you do that the picture is not rosey as many Pro Cannabis user / advocates would have people believe.

This is my opinion, I respect you have yours BUT i do wish the Pro campaigners would spend more time "defending" the downsides of cannabis rather then just comparing it to alcohol.

Have a great day.

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I think you make some decent points, I have to be fair about this. But I wish you would stop comparing it to alcohol, this seems to be the biggest point that most Pro Cannabis campaigners make. Alcohol is legal, cannot change that and I agree it is damaging if consumed irresponsibly.

But please look at cannabis on it's own merits alone, this is where I fail to see the reason for legalising it.

I have seen (in my life) multiples of instances where people "abuse" it and use in excess, the result was not good. I can give you 2 short instances,, 1 guy i worked with indulged in excess every single day, he could not remember what he was doing at work, his whole demeanour was of laziness, basically he just didn't give a sh*t about anything,, it was damaging his relationships with his family and he eventually got fired.

Second lady I know smoked in excess and moved onto other things. I know that there has been plenty of talk about it not being a "gateway" drug but this has now been proven to be incorrect for excessive users. She moved onto other substances and ended up injecting speed and sadly contracted HIV,,, she is still alive today and on medication and I am happy to say clean but it all started with her excessive use of cannabis and she openly admits this today herself.

Another point is I dont like seeing kids drunk in the streets, the last thing I want to see is a society of stoned kids as well, and I believe it will happen.

For medicinal purposes I see no problem with its use, but this is already happening. For example, In the UK the drug Sativex has 2 active ingredients found in Cannabis (THC and CBD), it's used to relieve muscle pain in MS sufferers. 

There are many other reasons such as the proven link to depression, mental health issues and of course the smoking itself.

So, I believe it is inaccurate to say it is harmless because it isn't. Of course anything in moderation is usually ok but when looking at legalising that's not what you look at, you look at the effects of long term and heavy use and when you do that the picture is not rosey as many Pro Cannabis user / advocates would have people believe.

This is my opinion, I respect you have yours BUT i do wish the Pro campaigners would spend more time "defending" the downsides of cannabis rather then just comparing it to alcohol.

Have a great day.

To make it short:(I treid but didnt work out 555)

I also think it shouldnt be compared to alcohol,cause they are different drugs.

I was a daily smoker for about 20 years,i just stopped 6 weeks prior my arrival in thailand 2 month ago cause i am really scared of gettin into trouble with the law.Do you think this is wright?You cant say yes!! :) because it isnt....in my circle of friends there are many daily users for 20 years + with decent jobs(Siemens,bombardier,lawyer,even a politican i know from my youth)...and it was no problem for me to stop after 20 years from now to then!

People always refer to cannabis as the gateway drug cause its first on the list for illegal drugs,but its not true,cause every hard drug user probably started with alcohol and nicotine.....

And its proofen already in czech republic that decriminalising ALL DRUGS doesnt increase the number of users of any drug....cause people that want to get high get high anyway.

The main problem is really that i want to be a little faded sometimes,like every beer drinker :),bt without drinking alcohol and i cant cause it could <deleted> up my life,not the ganja,the law!

Even after 2 big leo i am goin to feel it in the next morning,i get up 4.30 everyday, and if i would have vaporized a little bowl i would not feel anything,maybe little bit tired,that one cup of coffee would not fix completly.No hangover,nothing....

I think everybody should have the right to smoke a spliff when he wants with out havin to fear any sort of punishment.

I grew up in an household with an alcoholic and violent father and i promise you if you come home after a few spliffs u are goin to be all but not violent or angry....maybe hungry for love and food 555

I would rather see smoked up kids then drunk kids in the strets,because are not goin on riot when they smoke....i do not think kids should smoke or drink !!

Also the argument ith depression is wrong,its proven that cannabis only COULD make a already existing depression worther but is not the source for the depression.

I really believe the world would be a better place if people would be allowed to smoke!

Peace

Have a great day too!! :)

Edited by nikotin

On 11/24/2016 at 11:28 AM, nikotin said:

To make it short:(I treid but didnt work out 555)

I also think it shouldnt be compared to alcohol,cause they are different drugs.

I was a daily smoker for about 20 years,i just stopped 6 weeks prior my arrival in thailand 2 month ago cause i am really scared of gettin into trouble with the law.Do you think this is wright?You cant say yes!! :) because it isnt....in my circle of friends there are many daily users for 20 years + with decent jobs(Siemens,bombardier,lawyer,even a politican i know from my youth)...and it was no problem for me to stop after 20 years from now to then!

People always refer to cannabis as the gateway drug cause its first on the list for illegal drugs,but its not true,cause every hard drug user probably started with alcohol and nicotine.....

And its proofen already in czech republic that decriminalising ALL DRUGS doesnt increase the number of users of any drug....cause people that want to get high get high anyway.

The main problem is really that i want to be a little faded sometimes,like every beer drinker :),bt without drinking alcohol and i cant cause it could <deleted> up my life,not the ganja,the law!

Even after 2 big leo i am goin to feel it in the next morning,i get up 4.30 everyday, and if i would have vaporized a little bowl i would not feel anything,maybe little bit tired,that one cup of coffee would not fix completly.No hangover,nothing....

I think everybody should have the right to smoke a spliff when he wants with out havin to fear any sort of punishment.

I grew up in an household with an alcoholic and violent father and i promise you if you come home after a few spliffs u are goin to be all but not violent or angry....maybe hungry for love and food 555

I would rather see smoked up kids then drunk kids in the strets,because are not goin on riot when they smoke....i do not think kids should smoke or drink !!

Also the argument ith depression is wrong,its proven that cannabis only COULD make a already existing depression worther but is not the source for the depression.

I really believe the world would be a better place if people would be allowed to smoke!

Peace

Have a great day too!! :)

I do respect you have a view and that you do make some points that are reasonable.

But my view won't change I'm afraid. Do I think it is right that you can get into trouble for smoking it here, well yes because it's illegal right now, doesn't really matter about either of our opinion, you have to respect the rule of law whatever your opinion.

i think your are wrong about some points you make,, firstly it was always argued that cannabis was not a Gateway drug, but it has since been proven that it most certainly can be and that it does have addictive qualities (it was also argued that it was non addictive).

The withdrawal symptom from cannabis can be quite severe but not in all cases and mainly for heavier users but it is still possible. 

Lastly, it has been medically proven that if you are prone to depression and many other mental illnesses cannabis can bring it on. Problem is people do not necessarily know whether they are prone. The link between cannabis being the "cause" of depression and mental illness is still debated and is not conclusive so it is wrong to say it does not do so.

Remember that these kind of studies can take years to be conclusive and also they have to be done by someone with real credibility. Many studies are still going on and I dare say we will find out more as time moves on.. remember cigarettes were not known to cause cancer and a host of other diseases for years and initially it was denied.

i dont want to see it legalised only to find out in 5 or 10 years that it has serious long term side effects for users because by then of course it is too late.

anyway, glad your circle of friends do not have problems and frankly I applaud you for quitting and hope you stay that way.

take care,, nice to hear views from a Pro campaigner without the abuse for a change..

On 11/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, silent said:

Please Mr. sensor, that's two now that the logic and my sarcasm has gone completely over their heads and made cracks about my intelligence. Is it ok if I let loose and do the same to the next one without what I have to say being considered as confrontational?

When you're sarcastic, expect the same back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 8:28 AM, dieseldave1951 said:

smoke it at home no problem, but you know that the next thing these pot heads will do is drive.  then it is not a victimless crime when the moron kills someone while being hight as a kite

When was the last time you smoked pot? Driving is not a problem, if anything you may drive more carefully and slower. Nothing like Booze.

Why wouldnt the government want to keep something that keeps the great unwashed stupefied and controllable. Of course,they want it removed,so it becomes cheaper and more readily available.The more the populace are drugged,the more susceptible and the more likely they are to agree with any authoritative suggestions.The best way to keep power and control is to have a country that wont argue with you.

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Why wouldnt the government want to keep something that keeps the great unwashed stupefied and controllable. Of course,they want it removed,so it becomes cheaper and more readily available.The more the populace are drugged,the more susceptible and the more likely they are to agree with any authoritative suggestions.The best way to keep power and control is to have a country that wont argue with you.

If you think smoking weed makes you more controlable you have clearly no idea.

What you say would be an good argument for alcohol(if it was illegal,but it isnt...do u realise something?? 555),but never for ganja!

14 hours ago, Grubster said:

When was the last time you smoked pot? Driving is not a problem, if anything you may drive more carefully and slower. Nothing like Booze.

Many people when they have been drinking drive slowly but it does not mean they drive safely and that is the same problem as with drugs

15 hours ago, Grubster said:

That could well be true according to some studies mentioned on this page

http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com/uncategorized/reasons-why-marijuana-users-are-safe-drivers/

nicotin

You are talking about two entirely different races.At my age ,ive done the rounds,puff,speed,lsd,uppers,downers,charlie.So dont run away with the idea that i am a know nothing.Ive lost 2 or 3 good friends to drugs.No,you are right puffing weed does not make you more controllable,that is if you dont want to be.But many Thai people puff weed and take drugs to get them out of it.Look at your life in your own country and imagine what it would be like to be a poor,uneducated,Thai.These people tend to do things to excess,if they cant get drugs,they drink cough syrup for gods sake.I am saying that a 3rd world country such as this where the elite control everything and dont want anybody talking,or even thinking about their lot.You cannot begin to compare the two races.As for booze,been there ,done that,had 2 bars over here,and you think i have no idea.Have you ever watched CNN on the African programme? Have you seen where the young kids are walking around like zombies on Krathom?Its constantly chewed all day.They are spaced out and easily obey any command if a bag of leaves is in the offing.Perleeeze dont tell me about puff and drugs,v alcohol.That's an old arguement that will never be won.I was around in the night clubs in london when it was all going onand i tell you,man you have no idea what its like when west end central drug squad raid a club.I spent 2 weeks on remand for just in the club,while they ran around trying to find a witness that would grass me.And i was clean.Have you ever seen the inside of Pentonville remand wing or Brixton holding prison? No? well please dont tell me that i have clearly no idea.

Your sarcastic,glib,out of hand post proves that you have clearly no idea.

6 hours ago, yardrunner said:

Many people when they have been drinking drive slowly but it does not mean they drive safely and that is the same problem as with drugs

Yes it could be the same problem so lets throw all the drinkers in prison and wallah all is good. The US tried that and it failed nearly as bad as the drug war.

The only way you can promote prevention to a product is to make it legal.

Alcohol prevention and advertising against its abuse and long term risk is working (maybe not so well in Thailand) because the product is legal. Same goes for tobacco.

If you want to do prevention campaign and be able to monitor the abuses, enforce maximum THC level in product, use the product for therapeutic solution, the only way is to make it legal.