Phuket big biker rear-ends bus, hospitalised

webfact

Phuket big biker rear-ends bus, hospitalised

Eakkapop Thongtub

1479697496_1-org.jpg

The driver rear ended the bus at around 5am yesterday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 33-year-old man was taken to hospital yesterday (Nov 20) after he crashed his big bike into a bus parked on the side of the road in Koh Kaew.

Phuket City Police Lt Surachart Thongyai was notified of an incident at 5am yesterday where it reported that a motorcyclist had been injured when he crashed into the back of a parked bus near the entrance of Soi Koh Kaew 29 off Thepkrasattri Rd northbound.

Lt Surachart arrived at the scene with Kusoldhram rescue workers to find a damaged Kawasaki lying in the road behind a tour bus.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-big-biker-rear-ends-bus-hospitalised-59923.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-21

29 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

The bus was parked in the road would be more honest than on the side of the road.

Last week I had to go to the airport quite early and it was still dark.  I came across two trucks parked in the slow lane on the way to  the airport with no lights and no warning indicators whatsoever.  Idiots!

Whether you are in the right or not, you only ever lose when on motorcycle in crash. I wish the rider a speedy recovery.  As a rider for 50+ years I have always learned to expect the unexpected and ride accordingly.

If you want to ride at high speed, do it on a race track where, at least, everyone else is going in the  same direction and usually in daylight.

9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Last week I had to go to the airport quite early and it was still dark.  I came across two trucks parked in the slow lane on the way to  the airport with no lights and no warning indicators whatsoever.  Idiots!

Two tracks....

Once I went home late evening. I have almost collided with a dark blue bull in the inner line. A car could illuminate it at the very last moment, so both of us were unhurt.I navigated to the slow line, where another bull went home..... Right after I had to stop and relax a bit...

I do not want to say it is typical on the Thai roads, but unfortunately not unheard either.......