Chiang Mai Salads ? Rabbit food you say ??

Sandy Freckle

Is anyone here into salads ? We often enjoy a good salad and today we went to Salad Terrace within 'Tops' - next to The Mercure and off of Chang Phueak Rd. We have absolutely no connection with Salad Terrace but we were actually very impressed with the service, quality of food and prices..., even if in the menu they did have pictures and labels for baby english spinach and arugula(rocket) mixed up. I had a grilled fish with my salad and the fish wasn't too bad at all...., I mean you can actually taste the fish proper like when it's not deep fried. 
We'll be taking a stroll there again..., especially as they close at 9pm.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

That salad cream stuff is disgusting.  The salad prep people are going to be on the bottom of the totem pole...not likely soap users....don't know about cross contamination and are forced to use old stuff.  CMU farm is the only salad I'm eating around here...best I've seen since working in a region of America known as "The Salad Bowl."

Well all I can say is this place was highly recommended by a regular..., so we tried Salad Terrace because we wanted a quality salad based meal...., and that's exactly what we got..., so yes, we were very impressed by the quality of the salads we had..., I have a bit of an understanding about what quality vegetables are and are not..., and so in my personal opinion I've not seen this kind of quality in many places in LOS over the years. 

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

Edited by Sandy Freckle

This is the time of year that many restaurants serve up the famous 'winged bean salad'.  I've eaten many types of salads in many lands and the winged bean salad comes very near the top of every list.  It's just great so search it out.

8 hours ago, VoodooRay said:

Looks like a lot of lettuce and nothing special.

Yes it was a lot of lettuce.., surprise, surprise - that's just what I ordered(who would have thunk it?)..., in fact there were 4 different types of lettuce, plus baby spinach, cucumber, tom thumb tomatoes and julienned carrot..., oh the fish was very tasty and the salad dressing(light soy, roasted sesame, white pepper and lime juice) very good,...., but you're wrong, it was quite special..., especially in it's freshness and full flavour..., I'm guessing they were all earth grown, not hydro.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Salad Terrace is good, so is Salad Concept on Nimman and the original OhKaJup (haven't been to the one near airport plaza but I'm sure that one is good too)

Never had a really good western style salad here except for Why Not?'s Caesar. Thais go for bland is best style.

Try Salad Concept after work when the chicken has been out of the fridge all day. Great for dieting...

We found that making our own dressings is far better than any restaurant have managed to do.

4 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Never had a really good western style salad here except for Why Not?'s Caesar. Thais go for bland is best style.

Try Salad Concept after work when the chicken has been out of the fridge all day. Great for dieting...

We found that making our own dressings is far better than any restaurant have managed to do.

Steak of the Day Caesar salad is the best in my books. Giotto is very good also.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:33 PM, Sandy Freckle said:

Well all I can say is this place was highly recommended by a regular..., so we tried Salad Terrace because we wanted a quality salad based meal...., and that's exactly what we got..., so yes, we were very impressed by the quality of the salads we had..., I have a bit of an understanding about what quality vegetables are and are not..., and so in my personal opinion I've not seen this kind of quality in many places in LOS over the years. 

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

Your dish looks fine. I was only commenting on mine and I've only been there the once.