Cambodia online visa to cross from Thailand at Koh kong, pay with Thai debit card ? Have you tried it ? Safe ?

1 hour ago, AJS 7R said:

Yes it's safe, I did it two weeks ago, you must have your card set up for

internet use and you are good to go. Easy to apply and they even use to send

Christmas greetings to you.

Who....the Cambodians or the Credit Card people?

I've used a Thai credit card with success. Some Thai Debit Visa(logo) Cards don't work. It doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Once the payment is approved, usually two business days, sometimes three. Never had an issue in perhaps ten eVisa applications and approvals. One word of caution, you can't extend said Visa for a year. That type of Visa is not available online. You also should make two copies, one for arrival and one for departure.

I did it a few weeks ago with a Bangkok Bank debit card. Took about 24 hours to get the visa. Printed 2 (one for entry one for exit) and just gave one when entering and one when leaving Cambodia. Did not staple them in passport as it is just messy with all the staples from Thai immigration.

Edited by Jackie66

sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. depends on which payment gateway you use. one time i had 2 fraudulent payments to vodaphone. my credit card company refunded the fraud. a khmer told me that they do like this as an act of protest against the government, another time i had to make several telephone calls before they delivered. it is worth using this service to save a page in your passport. go for it. it is well worth the risk. always say that you are crossing into cambodia next week. the crossing can be any time 3 months after that. otherwise your application will go to the bottom of the pile. good luck.

2 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I've used a Thai credit card with success. Some Thai Debit Visa(logo) Cards don't work. It doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Once the payment is approved, usually two business days, sometimes three. Never had an issue in perhaps ten eVisa applications and approvals. One word of caution, you can't extend said Visa for a year. That type of Visa is not available online. You also should make two copies, one for arrival and one for departure.

To extend 1 year it's an ordinary visa ? can we get iit at Kohkong border ?

12 hours ago, questionsreplies said:

To extend 1 year it's an ordinary visa ? can we get iit at Kohkong border ?

I'm not sure of the name, at one time "business" but do recall reading about "ordinary". As far as frontier borders, again no personal experience. I know you can get it at the Phnom Penh Airport on entry. Search out some Cambodia forums keeping in mind it's just another farang answering, not a Government official. 

• Like 1

Hello,

The border crossing visa is now $35 and I recommend you buy one at the border to save time, NOT an e-visa. Why? Whilst there is an e-visa you can get in advance, it is not only more expensive (about $42) but it actually delays you at the border

The reason is simple. Those who buy a visa spend about 5 minutes in a short queue buying it whilst those with an e-visa do not have to do this, HOWEVER, then all the people are split into two queues for immigration. One queue is for those who purchased a visa and this is usually very short - took us less than 5 minutes to get our fingerprints done etc. Those who have an e-visa go in a separate queue that takes much much longer by virtue of numbers alone. Our friends with an e-visa queued for at least 30 minutes to go through immigration.

Now you know :-)

Bottom line - it is far quicker and cheaper to buy your visa at the border crossing.

2 hours ago, bbpbbp said:

Bottom line - it is far quicker and cheaper to buy your visa at the border crossing.

In the past, you had to pay extra for the VISA at the frontier borders. Sometimes they don't accept USD, want Baht and of course not reasonable amounts of Baht/Exchange. 

I've been through both Koh Kong and Poi Pet with an eVisa and never had to wait in a separate que/line. In Poi Pet for a mere 300 Baht(with an eVisa) you can get VIP treatment and not wait in any line. 

These experiences are from 2015, maybe this year they started being honest and didn't have these extortion tactics and corruption in the fold. 

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2016 at 2:30 PM, bbpbbp said:

Hello,

The border crossing visa is now $35 and I recommend you buy one at the border to save time, NOT an e-visa. Why? Whilst there is an e-visa you can get in advance, it is not only more expensive (about $42) but it actually delays you at the border

The reason is simple. Those who buy a visa spend about 5 minutes in a short queue buying it whilst those with an e-visa do not have to do this, HOWEVER, then all the people are split into two queues for immigration. One queue is for those who purchased a visa and this is usually very short - took us less than 5 minutes to get our fingerprints done etc. Those who have an e-visa go in a separate queue that takes much much longer by virtue of numbers alone. Our friends with an e-visa queued for at least 30 minutes to go through immigration.

Now you know :-)

True that it does not seem a good idea to pay $40 online when you can pay $30 or $35 at the border, $35 including bribe that they will ask anyway even if you have an evisa...

• Like 2