Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 2m votes

webfact

1 minute ago, Credo said:

No, he's not the President, he is the President-elect.   There is a difference.   It is a big difference.   

He might as well be President, because Obama is continuing to do nothing!!

Neither are Clinton, Bush, etc., President, but that's the title they hold.

Edited by F4UCorsair

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Well you can ask. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. I have my right to comment on world affairs just as anyone else does and it is not your right to question my right to do so.

No. The most disgusting thing is that despite all the evidence there are people like you still spreading this evil untrue crap. The most disgusting thing is the previous Republican that sent 6500 sons and daughters of the USA to their deaths (resulting also in the deaths of over a million innocent civilians) in a war that was based on 100% lies. THAT was disgraceful. The 4 people you mention did not die as a result of anything to do with Clinton, in fact they died as a result of cutbacks in security forced upon the Obama administration by the Republican congress. All of which is PROVEN rather than being subjective rubbish spouted by the likes of you.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Chief Supporter and justifier of the King of Flip Flops.

Well Al, I certainly appreciate you sharing your spin on the Benghazi incident.  Although you did manage to leave out the part about Hillary and Obama (lying) trying to convince the public the incident was triggered by some obscure video poking fun at Islam.

Fortunately for America, Clinton lost the election in spite of receiving more votes, even if many of those votes were probably fraudulent.  All of which boils down to ridding our government (draining the swamp) of political hacks such as Clinton and Obama.  :-)

41 minutes ago, Credo said:

No, he's not the President, he is the President-elect.   There is a difference.   It is a big difference.   

About a big enough difference (around 8 weeks from now) for some sort of Divine intervention to occur ?

How many saddo's are hoping and praying :whistling::whistling:

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Well you can ask. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. I have my right to comment on world affairs just as anyone else does and it is not your right to question my right to do so.

No. The most disgusting thing is that despite all the evidence there are people like you still spreading this evil untrue crap. The most disgusting thing is the previous Republican that sent 6500 sons and daughters of the USA to their deaths (resulting also in the deaths of over a million innocent civilians) in a war that was based on 100% lies. THAT was disgraceful. The 4 people you mention did not die as a result of anything to do with Clinton, in fact they died as a result of cutbacks in security forced upon the Obama administration by the Republican congress. All of which is PROVEN rather than being subjective rubbish spouted by the likes of you.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Chief Supporter and justifier of the King of Flip Flops.

"No. The most disgusting thing is that despite all the evidence there are people like you still spreading this evil untrue crap. The most disgusting thing is the previous Republican that sent 6500 sons and daughters of the USA to their deaths (resulting also in the deaths of over a million innocent civilians) in a war that was based on 100% lies. THAT was disgraceful."

Obama has had the US at war longer than any other US president in history.  LINK 

75% of the casualties in the Afghan War have come under Obama.  LINK

Who knows how many military members and civilians have died under Obama's incessant bombing of the ME? How about just Libya?

Obama ran for office promising to end those wars. Do you remember that he was awarded The Nobel Peace Prize, LOL? The most warhawk president we've ever had has a Nobel Peace Prize!!

I think most Democrats run purely on emotions instead of facts. Fact.

Cheers.

16 hours ago, impulse said:

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#restrictions

Quite a few states have no legal requirement that the Electors vote the way the people did...

Can you imagine the constitutional crisis if it went the other way?

I'm not certain how to break this to you but the "fat lady" already sang.  Yes, that was the one on stage wearing the ridiculous pant suit who conceded the election.  I believe many refer to her as "Hillary the Liar."

I see many posters hanging on to some false hope that somehow, someone, from someplace, will reverse this historic decision and crown Hillary as president instead of Trump who won this election.  This is right up there with believing in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny.  :-(

1 minute ago, CMNightRider said:

I see many posters hanging on to some false hope that somehow, someone, from someplace, will reverse this historic decision and crown Hillary as president instead of Trump who won this election.  This is right up there with believing in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny.  :-(

Or the Cubs winning the Series, or a complete Noob coming out of nowhere and winning the White House.

The fat lady sings when he's inaugurated.  Until then, it's a strange year...

43 minutes ago, NeverSure said:

"No. The most disgusting thing is that despite all the evidence there are people like you still spreading this evil untrue crap. The most disgusting thing is the previous Republican that sent 6500 sons and daughters of the USA to their deaths (resulting also in the deaths of over a million innocent civilians) in a war that was based on 100% lies. THAT was disgraceful."

Obama has had the US at war longer than any other US president in history.  LINK 

75% of the casualties in the Afghan War have come under Obama.  LINK

Who knows how many military members and civilians have died under Obama's incessant bombing of the ME? How about just Libya?

Obama ran for office promising to end those wars. Do you remember that he was awarded The Nobel Peace Prize, LOL? The most warhawk president we've ever had has a Nobel Peace Prize!!

I think most Democrats run purely on emotions instead of facts. Fact.

Cheers.

The one thing for which Obama may be remembered was that he got onto the Osama Bin Laden case and gave it top priority.  As we know, that resulted in the Seals taking out the trash, and for that, he SHOULD be remembered.

Some of the documentaries on that operation, even if using a little 'license', are outstanding.  Interviews with people involved, footage from the "Operations Room" showing a lot of sombre faces, but it paid off, with no loss of lives that matter, and loss of one helicopter, probably worth $10M+, but worth every cent to get that SOB turned into food for sea lice.

You're right on the button with emotion versus fact NS.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Lefties are blind to what the real situation is across America. They are thrashing around whining about Hillary's loss.   While the Democrat Party at the County, State and National Levels has become a minority party.  No, I do not mean a party filled wit minorities but rather a minor party in the way of political offices held across the nation.  Republicans dominate in a major way in all categories to include:  State Governors offices, State House and Senate positions, and since 2010 the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.  And now the Presidency is to be help by a Republican.  In a Red and Blue map of all political offices held in America the Blue Democrat offices are a small smattering along the West and East Coasts ... nearly all other parts of a America are Blue - making for an odd looking map.   A Red and Blue Map of Voters by County shows only speckles of blue on a red map ...  The words Dominate for Republican control and minor for Democrat control of political offices are insufficient to convey the concept.  

This resurgence of the Republican Control began about April 15 2009 only months after Obama's big government schemes came to light just after his election.  The Tea Parties were formed and marched for nearly two years from city to city and in Washington D.C. two times in huge numbers.  The result -- a sweep of the U.S. House of Representatives to take Republican Control of the House from the Democrats.   With continued effort that became more wide spread -- gains were made again in 2012 despite the Republican Presidential loss and then once again with broad scale support in 2014.

If anyone had looked about at the five plus years of a Republican surge nationwide at every level - they should have known 306 Electoral Votes would likely go to Trump... The future of the Democrat party as a minor party is a shaky one.. 

And this US with their crazy society is supposed to preach democracy around the world. Amazing. Someone gets 2 million votes more than the other and loses.

A constitution which is completely outdated, 250 years old, people getting shot on a daily basis, racism, 40 million people live in poverty. What do they have to teach others, with their cowboy mentality and Mc Donald diets? Not to mention they call their domestic sports championships, world series!! And their adoration of so called celebrities, standing up for anyone. Horrible.

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Well Al, I certainly appreciate you sharing your spin on the Benghazi incident.  Although you did manage to leave out the part about Hillary and Obama (lying) trying to convince the public the incident was triggered by some obscure video poking fun at Islam.

Fortunately for America, Clinton lost the election in spite of receiving more votes, even if many of those votes were probably fraudulent.  All of which boils down to ridding our government (draining the swamp) of political hacks such as Clinton and Obama.  :-)

So draining the swamp now means draining the Democrats? All corrupt Republicans can stay?

6 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

haha, so funny and ironic. The guy has offended whole parts of the population and now people find it shocking that the term idiot is used ? Something about casting the first stone comes to mind.

Why would we be civil to someone who has made a point to be uncivil to everyone that he takes a disliking to ?

As to the at least four years, there is something called impeachment, not saying he will be impeached, but someone with his track record does have some chance of ending up that way :)

Current betting odds by Oddschecker:

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics/us-politics/donald-trump-specials/donald-trump-specials

1. Trump to last the full term: 1/3

2. Trump not to last a year in office: 2/1

3. To leave office via impeachment or resignation before end of 1st term: 5/2

4. Build a wall covering the entire US-Mexican border while president: 8/1

5. Not to be re-elected in 2020: 4/7

10 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Well for starters it's only happened four times in US history.   Also, it (somewhat) restores my faith in the general intelligence of the US electorate.

What! Are you saying it's intelligent to vote for a probable crook, and proven liar that failed as the Sec State and allowed her ambassador to be killed and lied as to the reason ( I hope that we hear as to the reason that happened now )?

I can accept that they voted for her to stop him, but that's only desperation to stop him, not as a result of intelligence, IMO.

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics/us-politics/donald-trump-specials/donald-trump-specials

Wasn't the popular bet that Trump would lose? How did that work out?

However, if he doesn't sort his business interests out, and soon, I would be betting he won't last long.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

12 minutes ago, philcobkk said:

And this US with their crazy society is supposed to preach democracy around the world. Amazing. Someone gets 2 million votes more than the other and loses.

A constitution which is completely outdated, 250 years old, people getting shot on a daily basis, racism, 40 million people live in poverty. What do they have to teach others, with their cowboy mentality and Mc Donald diets? Not to mention they call their domestic sports championships, world series!! And their adoration of so called celebrities, standing up for anyone. Horrible.

Wow, an American hater just came out of the woodwork.  I can't imagine what this world would be like without the U.S.  In fact, the computer you used to type your ridiculous hate filled message wouldn't even exist.  There certainly would be way less freedom in the world, not to mention a world held ransom by tyrants.  I think you need to rub those sleepy little eyes of yours and wake up.  

6 hours ago, NeverSure said:

It's a landslide. Trump won the Electoral College 306 to 232.

The turnout is going to wind up being about 60% which is comparable to every US presidential election for the past 100 years.  New York Times

Trump beat Hillary partly because he targeted the electoral college and she didn't. Trump held rallies in and advertised in those "swing states" that he thought he had a chance to win. Hillary didn't believe he could win them and didn't compete in them. Trump proved her wrong.

Hillary's campaign tactics were horrible when they were even evident. Much of the time she seemed to be in hiding while Trump was holding 5 rallies in different states every day as the election got closer. In the beginning he was holding 2 rallies per day in different places always targeting the electoral college votes he thought he could get. Trump went non-stop. I've never seen anyone work as hard as that man can work. His son Donald Jr. said "The way to get my father to do something is to tell him it can't be done." Seriously.

Trump outsmarted Hillary tactically and took the electoral college by a landslide.

Cheers.

Yet Clinton spent nearly double what Trump did:

Clinton: $450 million

Trump: $239 million

So draining the swamp now means draining the Democrats? All corrupt Republicans can stay?

I would hope not. Though I would expect Trump to keep relatively quiet until 20th Jan I expect he already has a plan of action. Taking out the rotten apples in the Republican basket is just as important if not more so due to their potential to sabotage his agenda.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't the popular bet that Trump would lose? How did that work out?

However, if he doesn't sort his business interests out, and soon, I would be betting he won't last long.

Yes, Trump's odds of a win were way lower than Clinton's all the way through the campaign and on election night. I realize betting odds are nothing to go on, but I find it amusing that people are betting on all these possible outcomes.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yet Clinton spent nearly double what Trump did:

Clinton: $450 million

Trump: $239 million

And proof positive, if it was ever needed, that throwing money at a problem is never going to solve it.

Time for major rethinks, not just in the US but throughout the so - called Western World.

27 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I think you are being unfair to Lefties across America.

Lefties are blind worldwide.

That is one monopoly the US does not own :thumbsup::thumbsup:

An Englishman with a set (I'm assuming here - gimme a break)

Welcome at my place anytime. Ever been to Florida? 

:biggrin:

Edited by Strange

21 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

You just made my day with that little Gem! Thanks.

Why not just assign every voter with a key code number and vote via the internet after a 60 day campaign. Top dog gets the job. Way way to much drama/money/interference involved in all of this. After months of tearing each other down in the picking of the party's candidate and after the election the guys that were called inferior are now given the nod to come and serve and they with no pride of conviction crawl forward disgusting. I have more respect for a bar girl here that gives you value over and above these clowns. Yuck

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Same loser predictions about Trump in the Primary Elections and then again in the General Presidential Election... With a track record so dismal as that ... putting money on them is foolhardy..

MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.(You should lookup 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.) Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, common wealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, Theresa May , will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of '-ize.'

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4.You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist,then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body Armour like a bunch of nancies).

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

14. An internal revenue agent (I.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

2 hours ago, philcobkk said:

Oh?  And just how are prime ministers in other countries selected?  By popular vote of the people is it?

Just another America-hater.  Obsessive envy is such a terrible thing.  And amazing that a federal system of government is completely beyond the grasp of someone sufficiently lucid to post messages here...  

Wingnuts have such apoplexy over the fact that in the U.S. the popular vote doesn't elect the president, but have absolutely NO problem with members of the electoral college being lobbied to actually ignore the popular vote in their respective states.   Hypocrisy on steroids.

And a newsflash:  that "completely outdated" Constitution (ROFLMAO at such profound ignorance) can be changed, and actually has been - 27 times.  Quite doable.  A constitutional convention could even be called to write a whole new one.  If any political will to do so actually existed.  Which it doesn't.  But that's not really the issue, is it?  The issue is that wingnut losers just didn't get their way this time around, and are throwing a predictable hissy fit and will keep stamping their feet, screaming things, smashing car windows, setting fires, spray-painting graffiti, and blocking traffic until they finally wear themselves out and fall asleep.  You'd think they'd at least have enough parental responsibility to leave their kids out of it.  But no. They're dragged out onto the streets at midnight, too - and truant during the day from their high school classes as well.   Our taxpayer dollars at work.   How progressive.

Edited by hawker9000