Customs In Foriegn Lands

shaunmiller

well what can i say about different customs in other countries...i have just bought a new truck and my wife as insisted that we go to the wat and get the monk to bless the truck... no ghost in car..!!! so she gets me up at some god forsaken hour 5am, we then drive to the temple and wait until 7am until the monk is ready, well he sits in the car paints a temple on the roof lining, and then asks me to hold the bowl of blessed water while he begins to throw water over the car while chanting to dispel any ghosts and bad spirits... well you can imagine my surprise when he also does the interior.. my wife is killing herself laughing as she can see the expression my face as i watch him.. and i,m thinking what the hel_l is going on i buy a brand new truck 12000 quid and some old guy is washing the inside with a bowl full of dirty water... i could imagine what would happen back home... and its hard for me not laugh at the thought... Thailand man don,t ya just love it... hey and to think for 500baht i,ll never have an accident again... good deal hey...

Wifey had our new truck blessed whilst I'm away (so I've not seen it since).

Local practice on not, I will definately NOT smile if I find anything painted on the roof lining :D

Crossy, take plenty of chill out drops, do lots of deep breathing and brace yourself before you go look see :D . Chances are you will have some artwork on the roof lining. Some things you just have to accept, new truck or not it aint worth getting steamed up over. :o

Sounds like the joke I came across about the Catholic and the Jew neighbours who both bought a brand new vehicle on the same day.

While the Catholic brought out holy water to "baptise" it, the Jew came out with a saw to cut an inch of the exhaust pipe.

Cool...! :o

Sounds like the joke I came across about the Catholic and the Jew neighbours who both bought a brand new vehicle on the same day.

While the Catholic brought out holy water to "baptise" it, the Jew came out with a saw to cut an inch of the exhaust pipe.

Cool...! :D

I must be exeedingly dense today, I had to think about that one. :o