Malaysia visa options.

Okay this is sort of funny given that I just got a TE visa around 6 months ago. So my partner could be transferred to KL to work. As a gay couple I am obviously not entitled to get a spouse visa. So what are the other options available there?  The job would be for around 18 months. Do I just do 90 day stints? I have heard they are cracking down on that? 

One option is to keep a place in Thailand and I could split my time between some place in Thailand and KL. I suppose I could always find something to study. I would not even entertain the thought of studying the Malaysian language. Perhaps some IT course or something like that might be useful.

So does anybody her have any info on what the options are?  The salary of the new job is attractive and makes some hassle worthwhile. However if it turns out my options aren't very good I would just stay in Thailand. 

So trying to figure things out so we can decide if the offer is worth it.

Visa hops for staying in Malaysia, from my memory, are affected by how many hops are done in a period of time (the usual to be expected)

After the first couple of hops, you have to stay away from M'sia for 3 months, and do it again - you have to stay away for at least 6  months. and It gets messier...

A friend of ours was teaching in Malaysia, and hopping over to LOS and back. He then tried Singapore and Philippines, but did cop some hassles as time went on.

only difference was he had a Malaysian GF, so had more reason to keep trying different methods

:

• Like 1