Pattaya to ban the use of tractors to tow speed boats on road

webfact

Pattaya to ban the use of tractors to tow speed boats on road

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya authorities have banned the use of tractors to tow speed boats on roads in the famous resort city on ground that the practice is against the law and cause traffic problem.

Headed by Colonel Pob-anan Luangpanuwat, deputy commander of the 14th army circle, the committee tasked with regulating the operations of piers in Pattaya met on Thursday to discuss the issue about the use of tractors by several speed-boat operators to tow the vessels on the roads.

The committee finally agreed to impose a ban on the practice. It also decided to stop buses from dislodging and picking up tourists in front of the passengers’ terminal at the Pattaya pier and to ban parking of all buses on the beach road in front of the pier.

Buses will park at an open space for old vessels to dislodge and to pick up the tourists after which they will park at private parking lots or at the city’s indoor stadium.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pattaya-to-ban-the-use-of-tractors-to-tow-speed-boats-on-road/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-25

Well already moved the problem of boats launching to Jomtien, apparently because of pollution in  Pattaya, so now Jomtien will have the same issue.

What is actually illegal about tractors towing boats? I assume the tractors are registered for road use, or am I dreaming? and if not registered, surely registering would fix this up.

Everything seems knee jerk reaction, the underlying problem not being fixed and all sorts of excuses made for the knee jerk.

1 minute ago, maoro2013 said:

Well already moved the problem of boats launching to Jomtien, apparently because of pollution in  Pattaya, so now Jomtien will have the same issue.

What is actually illegal about tractors towing boats? I assume the tractors are registered for road use, or am I dreaming? and if not registered, surely registering would fix this up.

Everything seems knee jerk reaction, the underlying problem not being fixed and all sorts of excuses made for the knee jerk.

They are not licensed for the road, drive slow, back up traffic, no lights, etc.  And definitely not registered! LOL

1 minute ago, Hayduke said:

Seems that when something is ‘banned’ it very often means that it’s just become more expensive.

Probably, because what they were doing before is using property that wasn't theirs, probably just paying off the BiB every month.  So yes, the costs will go up as they'll have to abide by the law.

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

it might be enforced occasionally with a 200thb fine. cops make money off people breaking the laws. they dont make any money if everyone is following them

wonder if they will stop motorbikes towing boats around as well.

This is coming from the army.  We now have them running Pattaya.  So it might be different now?  Seems all these traffic stops are a consequence of their revenue streams being shut down?

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

This is coming from the army.  We now have them running Pattaya.  So it might be different now?  Seems all these traffic stops are a consequence of their revenue streams being shut down?

have been back in pattaya a couple months and although the army may be running the show the cops are still the ones on the streets, in force i might add. have not seen them so active collecting fines before. like you say they may be limited in their revenue streams now.

it's not just using the old tractors on public roads I was concerned about but also how some of the tractor drivers would behave .

one of them looked no more than 16 years old and he really fancied himself as Lewis Hamilton while he was operating at Bali Hai.

Edited by Asiantravel

1 hour ago, maoro2013 said:

Traffic jam I suppose..

Since they built the new Jomtien Beach sidewalk without any thought to drainage,  it floods 30 cm deep with sewage and runoff whenever it rains. Keep the boats close and handy. They could replace the baht busses on rainy days.

DSCN2795.JPG

so, they're not allowed to park and they're not allowed to move them around with a tractor.........

then the buses are not allowed to park or even disembark passenger at a certain place. 

Ban, ban, ban..........ban the illegal pool, ban the encroaching vendors, ban the buses.......what about ban the overload of songtaews, ban the illegal parking of mb-taxis, ban the ridiculous police-checks along Pattaya's entrance roads, ban the Thepprasit Weekend market which causes huge traffic problems, ban the food vendors along South Pattaya Road and ban the food vendors along Central Pattaya Road near the 2nd Road intersection.........ban the tourists, the bargirls/boys........ban, ban, ban

21 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

so, they're not allowed to park and they're not allowed to move them around with a tractor.........

then the buses are not allowed to park or even disembark passenger at a certain place. 

Ban, ban, ban..........ban the illegal pool, ban the encroaching vendors, ban the buses.......what about ban the overload of songtaews, ban the illegal parking of mb-taxis, ban the ridiculous police-checks along Pattaya's entrance roads, ban the Thepprasit Weekend market which causes huge traffic problems, ban the food vendors along South Pattaya Road and ban the food vendors along Central Pattaya Road near the 2nd Road intersection.........ban the tourists, the bargirls/boys........ban, ban, ban

Having a bad day? LOL

3 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Registered, insured

These words are not in the Thai vocabulary   :whistling:

You just have to love these blah blah blah laws. Some months back when going to the local plaza I had to almost climb over motorbikes parked on the sidewalk. I guess the flavor of the day came up and the BIB in their usual speedy manner posted signs along the sidewalk saying no parking on the sidewalk. It was glorious for about a week and then the bikes slowly crept back onto the sidewalks. Now there are more bikes parked there than before the police did their "crackdown" I would love to see the BIB come along with a truck and hoist them all into the back but I think they lack the imagination to do this. Policing here is all a facade a fabrication trying to make the people think that they are being protected.