Flower shop

silverdales

Hello

I am after the details of a local flower shop in Chiang Mai that I can call up and order flowers from here in the UK and either get them delivered by taxi or the shop itself.

I can pay by card over the phone or bank transfer and I can get a Thai friend who lives he to speak with them if necessary to give order details so it's fine if they don't talk English.

The only flower shops I can find on the web are very geared up for farang along with farang pricing of course! (Even in US $)

Amy local nice florist details would be great.. thanks in advance 

The flowers need to be delivered to San Patong district.

Steve 

I realise that this response does not address your particular question - however that's partly because you do not specify your reason for sending flowers.

That said:

Unless the flowers are being sent as a Wreath to a loved ones' funeral, it's usually not a good idea to send flowers at all.

If your intent is to send the flowers as an "I love you" gesture, as would be quite normal in the West, most Thai women would not appreciate that at all; their feeling is that the flowers will die within a few weeks and nothing remains; in other words you have wasted money on a fleeting, ephemeral item.

If you want to express love and ergo commitment send something useful, something which will remain long after flowers have died.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

5 minutes ago, p_brownstone said:

I realise that this response does not address your particular question - however that's partly because you do not specify your reason for sending flowers.

That said:

Unless the flowers are being sent as a Wreath to a loved ones' funeral, it's usually not a good idea to send flowers at all.

If your intent is to send the flowers as an "I love you" gesture, as would be quite normal in the West, most Thai women would not appreciate that at all; their feeling is that the flowers will die within a few weeks and nothing remains; in other words you have wasted money on a fleeting, ephemeral item.

If you want to express love and ergo commitment send something useful, something which will remain long after flowers have died.

Patrick

I agree 100% with the above comment. My wife sees absolutely no value in fresh flowers as a romantic gift. 

"My babeee ... you eat money" was her comment the first (and last) time I bought her flowers. I got the message real quick. 5555

An alternative gift ? ............. up to you.

They have a flower market in the middle of the town, a flower festival each year, and all the shopping malls have a big selection of fake flowers.

So definitely flowers are appreciated here, remember that not all women are the same!

I mean no offence to the previous posters, but I do think I know the type of girl who would berate you for wasting money on immaterial goods when you could have bought her something she could show her friends. If that is your girl, then buy her gold jewelry or an iPhone 7.

And don’t put anything into a (Thai) guy not understanding why you would send a girl flowers. I have given flowers to Thai girls and each time it was because it was suggested by another Thai girl (and no, it was not their funeral).

I’m almost inclined to suggest you give your girl flowers to figure out what type of girl she is.

Coincidentally, one of the girls I gave flowers, I recently asked if she still had the vase, I actually asked because I now have a condo here, and thought she might not use it (it was oddly shaped), so maybe I could have it for my condo. She told me that she filled it with flowers whenever she missed me :)

Now I'm confused... but I appreciate what you mean. My GF isn't one for wanting loads of things and sometimes I struggle to spoil her when we are put together. Maybe I'm lucky but.I think she would appreciate flowers.

So maybe if anyone knows a florist please let me know! .. I will let you know how it goes certainly her sister who I. Mentioned it said I was so romantic! 

6 hours ago, electric said:

I agree 100% with the above comment. My wife sees absolutely no value in fresh flowers as a romantic gift. 

"My babeee ... you eat money" was her comment the first (and last) time I bought her flowers. I got the message real quick. 5555

An alternative gift ? ............. up to you.

I experienced this very thing.

The concept of flowers as a affectionate gift must be cultural because I have yet to meet a Thai woman who thinks of cut flowers as anything but a waste of money.

My wife does enjoy potted plants though and keeps a beautiful flower garden.

15 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

The concept of flowers as a affectionate gift must be cultural because I have yet to meet a Thai woman who thinks of cut flowers as anything but a waste of money.

And yet if I walk through Loi Kroh Road with a girl, a Thai lady will try to sell me flowers that I can give to the girl I am with.

You’ll also see many Thais buy flowers for making merit in the temple, so if it’s just a waste of money, why would they give them to buddha (wouldn’t that be an insult)?

Don't give flowers. Especially if you don't know what each flower signifies. Some can signify a life of bad luck - or even death! Many years ago I gave some flowers to someone in Thailand. That woman's aunt immediately threw them in the trash as I sat there. When I inquired, I was told giving someone that particular flower was wishing them a lifetime of bad luck.

If I were to ever give my wife flowers she would be very unhappy and ask me why I wasted money on something like that - "when you can get flowers for free all over Thailand".

This isn't the West.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I just looked at the Galae restaurant attachment.  Nice potted flowers for sure ...... Nice price too!

One would possibly get 3 times as many from Kamthieng market at those prices. But then you would have to go get yourself.