Going to Vietnam, do I need a return ticket?

Hi,

Please I have to go to VN for work and I would like to ask if I need to show a return ticket when I check in?

I applied and obtained a 3 months evisa

I only bought the entry ticket because I am not sure how long I will stay there: will the airline, (vietjetair) let me board without a return ticket outside of Vietnam?

thank you

Would think you can sort at check-in if asked.

Remember a thing about a traveler arriving VN on a single ticket and it took just a bit of a while to she explained to immigration she was going onward out the country overland.

I guess if you have your papers for the future employer in VN l can't see it being a problem.

There must be someone somewhere to telephone if your worried about it.

• Like 1

As the Destination Expert for HCMC on Tripadvisor I have needed to answer this question quite frequently.

The problem will not be with immigration but with the budget airline because they are responsible for taking you back out of the country if you're rejected at immigration so they can become very  pedantic over  not having a forwarding  flight . 

This can be overcome in two ways.

Buy or more correctly rent a flight at the link provided by an earlier post or book a cheap bus ticket to Phnom Penh with no intention of actually taking the bus.

As the bus is about $18 now the rent a flight for only $10 is the better option.

Warm regards and travel safe in Vietnam , Dirty Pierre .