Hotel Thieves

Foxy

A friend of mine spended a few days in a Bangkok hotel. The last day he checket out at 12.00 and left his luguages for a few hours behind in the hotel.

He came back picked up his luguages and took a taxi. While in the taxi he check his bag and found out that some valuable things where missing. :o

Any one knows if it has use to go and see the police for an investigation.

In the meantime my friend has left Thailand far a copple of month.

Thanks

A friend of mine spended a few days in a Bangkok hotel. The last day he checket out at 12.00 and left his luguages for a few hours behind in the hotel.

He came back picked up his luguages and took a taxi. While in the taxi he check his bag and found out that some valuable things where missing. :o

Any one knows if it has use to go and see the police for an investigation.

In the meantime my friend has left Thailand far a copple of month.

Thanks

Well if he wants to claim off his travel insurance he'd better get his little a_ss back to Thailand to see the Brothers in Brown and get a police report issued! They will want to know why he's not reported it sooner too!

Care to name and shame the hotel he was robbed at??? Cause it sounds like a real thief crews a work there.

Anything valuable - you lock up or keep on your person.

For me, for example, even my tooth brush is valuable appart from a digital camera ( stolen ) You mean , better do not leave any belonging at the Stabel Lodge ?? Is that what you mean to say ??? Sorry to say but if you can not trust a hotel with your belongings , put them on a black list, or create a black list.

Foxy :o

Anything valuable - you lock up or keep on your person.

For me, for example, even my tooth brush is valuable appart from a digital camera ( stolen ) You mean , better do not leave any belonging at the Stabel Lodge ?? Is that what you mean to say ??? Sorry to say but if you can not trust a hotel with your belongings , put them on a black list, or create a black list.

Foxy :o

I'll be doing a website which includes a section for hotels like this on it but its not gonna be overnight foxy....

Your main luggage bag should only contain clothing and toiletries.

You should keep your valuables in your cabin bag and never let it out of your sight.

Soft sided bags should be avoided. Casual sex partners usually carrying a small cutting blade that they use to gain access to the contents of baggage, after their 'boyfriend' has gone to sleep or is taking a shower.

A hard shell bag, such as Samsonite is the way to go. These also have a combination locking device, not foolproof but it does offer some protection.

Hotel staff will never take responsibility for lost or stolen luggage that has been left in their care.

Travel insurance is a must.

YES! please do name the hotel ! we all need to be warned!

,,Stable Lodge,, Sukumvite, Soi 8. Seems to be Scandinavian gangsters. :D

Wow ! be very careful to mention the name of a hotel for thing like that, however the cion has 2 sides,I know that place ,not that well, but I doubt if that hotel has gangster working there it might not last that long some thing like 15or 16 years now. I just been to their 15th or 16th anniversary. I enjoy paying 15 baht for their anniversary B.B.Q. Other thing is if this bad reputation gone out and if it was not true or some miss understanding who will clean up thier name. If it is your name or my name ,what are we going to do about it ?????? Sometimes we made topic like this on the net and think that no one knows who we are it might not be fair to the 3rd party ???? :o:D