Stolen Motorbikes

RINGO38

i would like to warn all tourists about leaving your motorbike parked in view tallay I had my yamaha mio stolen from the parking area in view tallay 2a on saturday 21.10.2006.i thought that it was safe with the security we have there.Im fairly sure that the security officers were involved in the theft.when i confronted the security boss about the theft all they would offer me was 5000 baht compensation and that i would only receive this amount after a period of 3 months.

It is also known for the motor bike rental companies to steal back their bikes and charge you the full amount for the replacement of it.

In Pattaya I wouldn’t trust any of the security, I am aware of certain robberies where the in house security could not be excluded from the list of suspects.

Sorry to hear of your loss,

Maybe the next bike you have, add extra security to it just so the would be thief moves on to the next bike.

I recently put together a few items and made a burglar alarm, pir and as loud as the type you buy from shops, works the same, but instead of costing me 15000-2000bht I put it together for roughly 2500bht.

I leave it on in the evening with the thought that if anyone breaks in firstly I will get a warning and secondly the would be thief will be on his toes. I do put it on during the day when I am out, I helped my neighbour put one together and now we listen out for each other, not that we have had any problems, just thinking ahead