Xmas Lunch

chiang mai

15 hours ago, jobin said:

Burger you say?  I thought Pun-Pun was vegetarian.  You talking the small place just across the river?

Vegetarian?

Some people need to leave the West End once in a while. The original Pun Pun may not even have a veg option on the menu.

Yeah, somebody saw a successful business and stole the name - I believe a few vego's have been disappointed upon finding out that the Pun Pun is a meat eater's paradise after being hauled all the way over town, wonder how many go the other way,  having heard of the good food end up at the vego place?

On 11/28/2016 at 6:09 PM, chiang mai said:

A person could have a pretty reasonable New Years bash in London for 135 quid per person!

And even that would be a scandalous amount to spend outside London - around 30 pounds at the more reasonable but still nice places in the north, 45 or 50 if including alcohol.  Not even 100 in the really posh places that folk like us don't have the door opened for them at. Just the nicer pubs with proper separate restaurants or the la-di-da places in town.

Definitely not to be expected in a developing country unless they had a Michelin star or two.

Sausage King  is B500 for Christmas Lunch on the 23rd.

Toni at Yummy said he had bough 4 Turkeys at B4,000 each so this year an extra B100 on last years price.

Oh B350 says I, now I know how Aussies Scowl.

Very good value for money at both establishments.

john 

5 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Sausage King  is B500 for Christmas Lunch on the 23rd.

Toni at Yummy said he had bough 4 Turkeys at B4,000 each so this year an extra B100 on last years price.

Oh B350 says I, now I know how Aussies Scowl.

Very good value for money at both establishments.

john 

I know of many others not Aussies

That are even worse cheap charlies

You remember that the USA $  is worth more than the A $

So can not compare the cost reflection on USA $