CAT O MULTI

I have always had CAT O multi 12 month visas for last 12 years

Either from UK (Hull) or Singapore

This time Hull only gave me 90 days single

I presented wife's passport, ID Card, marriage paper

We have 2 children

We have 6 companies

I have a work permit

SCB bank statements showing 10M going through my account with my wife showing income from me of 120k per month

Singapore Sterling account with significant funds

What to do?

GIve up?

Cant get through by phone or email to Thai embassy in London

Hull have not had a 12 month non imm application approved since Sept 27

Although it seems pretty ridiculous with your profile, the easiest solution is probably to spend a night in Savnnakhet Laos and get a multiple Non Imm O from there. We know they will issue you one, while the reaction of the London Embassy is unknown. Scheduling a short trip to Savannakhet is probably just as easy as going to London, unless you plan to be in London at some point anyway.

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

Sorry for a strange question maybe from me, but what is;  a "CAT O MULTI"  that the OP is asking about, never heard that term before in my life!!

Glegolo

He is talking about a Non-immigrant O multi-entry visa, based on marriage.

19 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

He is talking about a Non-immigrant O multi-entry visa, based on marriage.

Yes I almost gathered that, and thank you for helping, but what I am asking also is what does CAT stands for when in fact the normal term and name is non immigrant O??

Just curios how he put together that word?? But maybe it is only me here that not understand CAT???

Glegolo

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yes I almost gathered that, and thank you for helping, but what I am asking also is what does CAT stands for when in fact the normal term and name is non immigrant O??

Just curios how he put together that word?? But maybe it is only me here that not understand CAT???

Glegolo

Category

The corrct terminology is Non immigrant O multi entry visa based on marriage to a Thai

Call it whtever you like, but that is what it is.

Now by meeting the financial rewuirements  you can extend that annually in Thailand without leaving the country.

But that is another point.

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

I have always had CAT O multi 12 month visas for last 12 years

Either from UK (Hull) or Singapore

This time Hull only gave me 90 days single

The consulates can no longer issue multiple entry non immigrant visas. The embassy will do a multiple entry non-o visa with no financial proof.

It seems you have may have the financial proof needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You need need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You could apply during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you have.

45 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

The corrct terminology is Non immigrant O multi entry visa based on marriage to a Thai

Call it whtever you like, but that is what it is.

Now by meeting the financial rewuirements  you can extend that annually in Thailand without leaving the country.

But that is another point.

thnks

Edited by glegolo

I would note (may not be a problem) that applying for an extension based on marriage may be tricky if you are traveling a lot. The problem is not what happens if you travel after the extension is approved. That is addressed with a re-entry permit. The problem is that you are expected to be living together here, and immigration try to verify that. There is an under consideration period when immigration can appear at any time to see if you and your wife are living together at your reported address. If either of you is traveling at the time, explanations are likely to be needed, and the wrong official might end up giving you grief.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the info

I applied again for a "non-immigrant catagory O marriage visa multiple entry" in London. This was granted with no problem even though I had a 90 day single entry in my passport.

It's a pity the authorities keep trying to make life more difficult. I may not bother next time....

Thanks again for the advice.

(BTW, London embassy never replied to my emails or telephone calls. Discourtesy at least!)

On 28/11/2016 at 7:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

The consulates can no longer issue multiple entry non immigrant visas. The embassy will do a multiple entry non-o visa with no financial proof.

It seems you have may have the financial proof needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You need need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You could apply during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you have.

Several years ago I applied for a 1 year multi in Phuket. I was short on capital so I offered proof of income with the childrens' birth certificates. The "officer" said this would only be acceptable if I divorced my wife! I told him that I considered divorcing my wife at least daily but declined to do so because of some arcane Thai law. I bade him  farewell and immediately travelled to Singapore where I received the visa with no problem.....