Bank transfer

I just open a bank account with Thanachart Bank with their office in Beach Road in Pattaya. I need to transfer money from abroad to my bank.What details i need to provide to my bank abroad to get the payment.I can ask to the bank, but i find tv more usefuk than them.Thank yuo.

Basically it´s just as simple as the people above just stated. I sometimes have to do with what country you come from and what your bank normally ask for.
The best you can do it to ask your bank in your home country. I already know that some of them also want´s to have your address of stay in Thailand.
The most important is that the account number and name is 100 percent correct. If not the Thai bank will stop the transfer in to your account, pending account investigation and a vailid dokument with the right namne from your bank in your home country.

I would be very wary of doing it as I was with them ever since they bought out Siam City. First they hung onto 2 million baht for a few days before putting it into my account, when they received it it was 50 to the pound, when it eventually got into my account the rate was 49, they made over 40k on that. The last straw with them was charging me for a transfer when the bank in the UK had already done so. Writing to the CEO, phoning and emails never got a response, they would not even reply to the UK banks emails. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I would be very wary of doing it as I was with them ever since they bought out Siam City. First they hung onto 2 million baht for a few days before putting it into my account, when they received it it was 50 to the pound, when it eventually got into my account the rate was 49, they made over 40k on that. The last straw with them was charging me for a transfer when the bank in the UK had already done so. Writing to the CEO, phoning and emails never got a response, they would not even reply to the UK banks emails. Good luck!

All Thai banks charge a fee for receiving funds from overseas, I'm not surprised the CEO didn't respond!

Not that fee for receiving, an added fee the same amount the sending bank charged. UK bank said they were wrong to deduct it again but they did not even reply to them, I was not surprised.

Edited by thai3

Just now, thai3 said:

Not that fee for receiving, an added the same amount the sending bank charged. UK bank said they were wrong to deduct it again but they did not even reply to them, I was not surprised.

The customer dictates who pays the banks sending and receiving charges when the transfer is initiated, if one bank or the other didn't do as instructed you need to take the matter up with a higher authority, in Thailand that would be BOT.

Just now, harrry said:

The banks here accept the transfer at the Bangkok branch.  They then charge you for transferring it to your bank.

Thailand operates a Provincial Banking system so what you describe would happen in the event of a regular deposit made elsewhere in Thailand, outside of your branch's province. That's the first time however I've heard of the inter province charge being levied on inbound overseas transfers.

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

The customer dictates who pays the banks sending and receiving charges when the transfer is initiated, if one bank or the other didn't do as instructed you need to take the matter up with a higher authority, in Thailand that would be BOT.

Took it up with consumer protection at CW did not answer letter or email containing all the documentation and emails from UK bank saying the Bkk charge was wrong, TIT. The Thai bank I have now is miles apart and the service has always been excellent. They could not even get the charge correct and charged the UK banks old rate of 25 quid, they had actually put it down to 20. This was a double charge for the transfer from UK to Bkk and not the small receiving charge or the intermediary bank HSBC charge, that was all on top. Use transferwise now, you know when it's going to be in the bank here, no extra charges and you know the exact amount upfront.

Edited by thai3

Looks easy enough don't it and should be. Also every time withdrawing cash from own branch they had to do two copies of PP wait for it to be signed after lining up for the copier. At new bank they never even ask to see the passport, but it is a am told a japanese owned bank here, bit different.

Edited by thai3

OP please note that Thai banks do not have a sort code.   They use the SWIFT code, probably  THBKTHBK in your case (do check that !) plus the first three digits of your account number to identify the branch of the bank.

I also stress that the account name you give the sending bank must match exactly the name of the account at your Thai bank.

I've been transferring my pension here for 16 years without a hitch. (touches wood)