Why would I want to vacation in Thailand?

sekmet

Jet lag doesn't take just a couple of day but basically the rule is 1 day per hour difference so with Europe 5 to 6 days and with the USA you can ad another 6 days.

In total, if you are from the US I would say you need at least 1 week rest time . I am from EU and the first 3 nights I wake up at 0300 and need at least 5 days rest to be up to date with thai time.

I would avoid Thailand if I was in the USA
In Europe I would go to Greece for holidays.

17 hours ago, geronimo said:

Would you be a Brit by any chance?

Ho Ho Ho, absolutely hilarious.......... Not. Hope it did not take you too long to think that one up.

Wonder where he does come from though, not a native English speaker by his use of words. Norwegian perhaps.

Just now, rott said:

Ho Ho Ho, absolutely hilarious.......... Not. Hope it did not take you too long to think that one up.

Wonder where he does come from though, not a native English speaker by his use of words. Norwegian perhaps.

His description of his home country sounded so negative, my first thought was that he must be from Blighty. He could be American, which reminds me of something I saw the other day, it went like this,

"America and Britain are in a race to see who can f**kc up first. The UK is in the lead, but America has a Trump card up their sleeve"

People change, and I'm sure lots of the guys here are fine upstanding citizens, but why people come in the first place  - it's the women pure and simple. There is nowhere, absolutely nowhere, that you can replicate the Thai experience.

39 minutes ago, nausea said:

People change, and I'm sure lots of the guys here are fine upstanding citizens, but why people come in the first place  - it's the women pure and simple. There is nowhere, absolutely nowhere, that you can replicate the Thai experience.

In addition to that there is a vibrant gay scene as well. There are many older gays that feel repressed back home so the flight is worth it. As consumers gays are very loyal and willing to go a little out of their way to find tolerant places.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:28 AM, impulse said:

In spite of horrendous looking (to an outsider) driving habits, most Thais are pretty good at defensive driving.

"Thais are pretty good at defensive driving"  LAUGHABLE, that a Thai apologist would try to defend Thai drivers. 

On 11/29/2016 at 8:38 PM, sekmet said:

Yes, I know. But reading the TA forum is equally limited, but more positive as a contrast. The truth is somewhere in between . 

I honestly don't understand the point of this thread.  Do you want people to convince you to vacation in Thailand?  Why would anyone care where you vacation?  Honest question(s).

Twenty years ago I could have just gone on and on about reasons to come. Now I can't give any.

Sad, but too many tourists, and too much greed, IMO, has spoiled LOS.

Even the beaches, which used to be my great love in Thailand are mainly ruined if easy to get to, and I no longer want to rough it to the extent needed to get to the unspoiled ones.

7 hours ago, pattayalover said:

Jet lag doesn't take just a couple of day but basically the rule is 1 day per hour difference so with Europe 5 to 6 days and with the USA you can ad another 6 days.

In total, if you are from the US I would say you need at least 1 week rest time . I am from EU and the first 3 nights I wake up at 0300 and need at least 5 days rest to be up to date with thai time.

I would avoid Thailand if I was in the USA
In Europe I would go to Greece for holidays.

:shock1:

Are you serious, or taking the pssi?

I just stay awake the first night till I can't anymore. Then I go to bed and when I wake up I'm in synch. I don't think I ever experienced that thing called jet lag to the extent you seem to.

Well being a woman, and not being into women ( well unless ive had quite a lot of beers) I don't come here for them. I come to train in Muay Thai and go watch the fights.  I like Thailand, for the heat, the easy pace of life, mango sticky rice, and there is plenty of beautiful countryside. 

There are downsides too, but everywhere has those. 

I think the things I like here about it being laid back etc, would infuriate me if I lived full time, but for a holiday its good.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Twenty years ago I could have just gone on and on about reasons to come. Now I can't give any.

Sad, but too many tourists, and too much greed, IMO, has spoiled LOS.

Even the beaches, which used to be my great love in Thailand are mainly ruined if easy to get to, and I no longer want to rough it to the extent needed to get to the unspoiled ones.

Mass tourism and the types of foreigners it attracts have ruined much of Thailand. And the Thai government wants MORE tourists. I did not move here to be around millions of foreigners. I could do that back home without ever leaving. Never understood that logic. Fly half way around the world hang with other foreigners, eat the same food you left behind and shop at the same places. BORING!

14530285751453028601l.jpg