Settlement Visa - Documents required

My wife went to submit her documents for a settlement visa today in Manila (i know it's not in thailand).
We thought our documentation was complete but she was asked to also provide . .

1. Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING
2. APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM
3. APPENDIX 1 (VAF 4A JULY 2012) - FAMILY SETTLEMENT & FAMILY REUNION

Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING being required I can understand, but the others seem to be covered by the online application and supporting documents.
Can anyone advise.

Thanks in advance.

1. Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING, The SU07 is not normally for a partner or spouse application, unless in exceptional circumstances, it's normally used for parents or other relatives. Completion and submission this form is at the request of the UKVI rather than the Visa Application Centre. 

2. APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM, This form needs to be completed when the UKVI in your area doesn't accept online applications, but there is a requirement for further documentation. The UKVI Guidance says:

If your country does not support online applications you must complete and submit a VAF4A(Personal Details Form)

 If you make an online application you must also print the application off and submit it with any supporting documents you have chosen to submit.

You must also complete an additional appendix depending on what type of application you are submitting. There are 6 appendices on the UKBA website and you should complete the one which is applicable to you. You must attach this to the VAF4A Personal Details form and submit it with your other documents.

Settlement supporting documents guide.pdf