Stamp On Arrival With 60-day Tourist Visa In Passport

Yes, this is probably answered SOMEWHERE in the forum...

I have a friend coming for a visit.

They want to get a 60-day tourist visa in their home country (USA).

Come to Thailand for a short visit using a “stamp on arrival”;

go to another country;

and return to Thailand using the 60-day tourist visa.

60-day tourist visas are SINGLE entry, right?

The question at hand is that if you have an unused 60-day Tourist Visa in your passport can you get a stamp on arrival without using the 60-day visa.

Anyone have experience or direct knowledge doing this?

THANKS

The question at hand is that if you have an unused 60-day Tourist Visa in your passport can you get a stamp on arrival without using the 60-day visa.

Yes, immigrations will do this upon request but it's up to the discretion of the immigrations officer.

As said you can ask and officer normally will but it is not a sure thing. Tourist visas can be issued in one, two, three and four entry types. Although the 3/4 are not as common a two entry would probably be no problem and the extra cost is probably not that great a factor for your friend as he is going to obtain a visa anyhow.

Agreed but make it clear to immigration what you want to do and they will probably ask you to sign to say you were not using the tourist visa, to protect themselves from later complaint by yourself.

Cost of a double entry toutist visa is double single entry, only for more than double is there a discount, only £10 more last time I got one in the UK.

THANKS

Twas a long time ago but I was in the same position on the Malaysian border, I had a Visa but didn't want to use it as I was only staying in Thaland for two weeks that time. He didn't see the Visa but asked if I had one, I replied yes (stupid!) but I didn't want to use it for this visit. He said if I had one I had to use it and proceeded to cancel it.

It may be at the discression of the immigration officer but to be certain I would apply for a double entry or dont apply for the single entry until he's in the country where he's going after the first visit.

Yes, this is probably answered SOMEWHERE in the forum...

I have a friend coming for a visit.

They want to get a 60-day tourist visa in their home country (USA).

Come to Thailand for a short visit using a “stamp on arrival”;

go to another country;

and return to Thailand using the 60-day tourist visa.

60-day tourist visas are SINGLE entry, right?

THANKS

Just hand them your passport with your arrival card bookmarking a different page and don't write your visa number on your card. If they notice your TV, they'll scribble the number on the arrival card and stamp you 60 days, if they don't, you'll get 30 days.