Silver jewellery Business

Hey guys,

I am creating a male jewellery company and I’m looking for a Thai company to manufacture the pieces (using sterling silver).

Can anyone offer any advise as to where I would begin to look for said manufacturing company?

I'm in Bangkok at the moment.

Thanks guys 

Not meant to be a flame or negative response, but !

You are creating a company & you have not sourced a manufacturer for your product as yet ?

You think maybe the cart before the horse ?

I'd be doing lots of homework & research well before starting the company.

But hey, that's just me.

Is there an area in Bangkok that  does this kind of work ?

I have seen a few stores around the Chinatown / Indian area that sell the tools for casting waxes etc ,

and other jewellery type work ,

but I have not seen any places that do the actual work of  making waxes , putting the waxes on a "tree"  , investment burn-out and pouring the metal ,

maybe this is done out of town , or a hidden back alley I have not found yet.....

But I am always looking :)

I’ll assume you are looking for shops that sell “blanks” and or do custom work with those and sell the completed product? There are several places in the basement of Pratunam Complex, and some on Kawson Road. There are many shops in China Town; however I believe many of those buy from the other areas I mentioned. Most of these are family run shops. Pricing for an “outsider” might be???

Are you looking to buy already created styles? Or to have your own styles crafted? Are you looking for small runs or to buy in volume?

I used to export SS from Thailand, mostly had sources in Bangkok. There is absolutely nothing like doing your own legwork. I did this many years ago, but if today, I would start with a specific google search and then walk the streets - probably khao sarn road will net you some connections, maybe New road and Chinatown area as well... you might even try JJ weekend market... just pound the pavement, ask questions - go shopping. 

• 5 months later...

There are plenty in Bangkok, but it is best that you review their portfolio and know their track record fully well. Quality is a must too. Unless you are aiming silver jewelry pieces like the ones that Deific Jewelry offers (purely handcrafted, impressive designs and craftsmanship) then you may likely have an edge over the others. Good luck.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:21 PM, malt25 said:

Not meant to be a flame or negative response, but !

You are creating a company & you have not sourced a manufacturer for your product as yet ?

You think maybe the cart before the horse ?

I'd be doing lots of homework & research well before starting the company.

But hey, that's just me.

There is plenty of room in the jewelry business for designers. And it's a normal business model for them to shop around for manufacturers.