John Fiddler - Medicine Head Coming To Bangkok!

Calling all expats!!!

I have just had word that 1 of Englands most valued musical treasures will be coming to Bangkok all the way from USA in the New Year and I know there's so many expat living here who remember the old days and would LOVE to relive some of this world renowned entertainers amazing musical talent!!

A bit about him.........

John Fiddler enters the new millennium with a career that spans over three decades, starting, in the late 60's as the singer and songwriter with MEDICINE HEAD, the most successful act on legendary DJ JOHN PEEL'S fledgling Dandelion label. The band tasted their first chart success with (AND THE) PICTURES IN THE SKY, which reached #19 in the UK top twenty single charts in July '71.

MEDICINE HEAD went on to score three more UK top twenty hit singles for Polydor records: ONE AND ONE IS ONE (#2) in May '73,RISING SUN (#9) in August '73 and SLIP AND SLIDE (#19) in February '74 as well as a series of successful albums.

Next, John was invited to help form the cult band BRITISH LIONS with various ex MOTT THE HOOPLE members. The band achieved considerable success in America with their two albums.

The 80's saw John teaming up with ex YARDBIRDS; JIM McCARTY, CHRIS DREJA and PAUL SAMWELL-SMITH in the now legendary BOX OF FROGS. JIMMY PAGE, JEFF BECK, RORY GALLAGHER, IAN DURY, STEVE HACKETT, GRAHAM PARKER and ROGER CHAPMAN all guested on the much sought after BOX OF FROGS albums.

During the 90's John enjoyed European success with the reformed MEDICINE HEAD before embarking on a solo career, which has most recently seen him playing with BENNY GALLAGHER from GALLAGHER & LYLE. John also appeared at the recent MOTT THE HOOPLE CONVENTION where his scheduled short fifteen minute set had to be extended three times and he stole the show from the headliners.

Looking to the future John has a brand new record contract under his belt and set of new songs that easily matches anything he's written before.

John is currently touring his acclaimed RETURN OF THE BUFFALO one-man show. The show consists of songs from every phase of John's career seamlessly interwoven with his interpretations of classics from the likes of NEIL YOUNG, TOM PETTY, BOB DYLAN, THE ROLLING STONES, LITTLE RICHARD, U2, THE BEATLES, JERRY LEE LEWIS, ELVIS PRESLEY, THIN LIZZY and JOHN LENNON. It's a testament to John's skill as a performer that all the songs performed sound like JOHN FIDDLER compositions. A particular highlight of the show is John's version of the ROBERT JOHNSON classic "Walkin' Blues", which takes on a literal meaning as, with the use of radio mikes, John involves members of the audience from the front rows to the back of the halls. The versatility of the show makes John a regular on not only the rock circuit, but also on both the blues and folk circuits as well.

Hear thirty years of rock 'n' roll history, performed by Britain's most underrated songwriter performing here in Bangkok!!!!

I would like anyone who knows good venues to get in touch with me and we can start to arrange something for the New Year when John arrives and all enjoy reliving some history!!!

www.johnfiddler.com to get in touch with John himself.....

post-38626-1165295294_thumb.jpg

when and where does he play? Ticket prices?

Hi Raro,

We are in the early stages of arrangements as we speak and looking for possible venue's to host the occasion, any ideas?

I will keep you posted with any updates I get and if you come across or know of any good venue's that would be able to hold a crowd please get back to me.

In the meantime the search continues.

Many thanks