Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for tourist high season

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for tourist high season

sb.jpg

BANGKOK, 1 December 2016 (NNT) - Suvarnabhumi International Airport is preparing measures to accommodate up to 173,000 travelers per day during the tourist high season. 

Airport Director Sirote Duangratana revealed that between October 30th, this year and March 25th, 2017, the country will enter its usual tourist high season. An average of 965 flights are expected each day, a 9.52-percent increase from the same period last year. That translates to 173,000 passengers per day, or a 26.4-percent increase from the same period last year. 

During this time, Russian airlines Nordwind Airlines, Rossiya Airlines, and Vim Airlines will convert their airplanes to charter flights. New arrivals to the airport include Lucky Air from China, flydubai from the UAE, and US-Bangla Airlines from Bangladesh. However, Delta Airlines and Raya Airways from Malaysia have suspended their flights into Suvarnabhumi Airport during this period. 

Mr Sirote said the Suvarnabhumi Airport will provide access to transportation from the airport in the form of an organized taxi service, car rentals, limousine services, public buses, as well as the Airport Rail Link. Travelers will also be given the option to use the Common Use Self Service for self check-ins for 15 airlines. For THAI Airways, people who used the self check-in service will be able to load their luggage using the Common Use Bag Drop service. 

As for parking lots, the airport’s No. 1-4 parking structures will be ready to accommodate 6,000 cars in addition to 450 parking spots at the nearby Novotel Suvarnabhumi. Long-term parking services will also be available for 2,154 cars and 700 motorcycles. 

In his closing remarks, Mr Sirote affirmed that security officials will be deployed at the airport at a coordinating center, while guards will be stationed throughout the airport 24-hours per day.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-01

3 hours ago, bubba said:

Interesting to note that the last remaining US carrier (Delta) providing service to BKK has now pulled out.

May have something to do with not being able to compete with Asian airlines . I used to fly with United and without a doubt they are one of the worst airlines I have ever used ! switvhed to Eva and they were head and shoulders above united for the same price .

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

May have something to do with not being able to compete with Asian airlines . I used to fly with United and without a doubt they are one of the worst airlines I have ever used ! switvhed to Eva and they were head and shoulders above united for the same price .

I definitely agree with you about UA. I spent many unpleasant hours in their nine abreast "business class".

But at least they are doing something about it, and it looks to be a substantial improvement...have a look at their new Polaris Business Class product.

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-business-class/p/1

1 hour ago, bubba said:

I definitely agree with you about UA. I spent many unpleasant hours in their nine abreast "business class".

But at least they are doing something about it, and it looks to be a substantial improvement...have a look at their new Polaris Business Class product.

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-business-class/p/1

Can you imagine what us peasants had to go through in economy ? The planes made the Russian Air Force look modern .

I think the 965 flights include arrivals, departures, cargo/freight, charters and code-shares, for which there might be up to four flights associated with a single aircraft.

DL is scaling back their NRT hub, inherited from NW, so cancelling the NRT-BKK sector fell out of that. UA has a JV with NH, and a waiver from both US and Japan Justice Departments so they can fix prices and share revenue, so UA was able to back out of their NRT-BKK sector (a few years ago).

On 02/12/2016 at 0:35 PM, whatproblem said:

And immigration will be the same 

To be fair, the longest I have waited the last few times I used the airport has been around 20 minutes. It has been dead quiet of late - I have even passed through security without a single passenger in front of me and then on to immigration where the 'queues' were 2 - 3 people long...

On 12/4/2016 at 2:37 PM, chrisandsu said:

Can you imagine what us peasants had to go through in economy ? The planes made the Russian Air Force look modern .

I flew UA economy LAX-NRT-LAX last September on a 787 and it was pretty good for economy. Plenty of legroom and I'm 6' 1". First time I ever took a US carrier across the Pacific because of older terrible reviews. Unfortunately NRT-BKK-NRT was on ANA and their seat pitch and width sucks in economy. 

10 hours ago, RockyMtnJay said:

I flew UA economy LAX-NRT-LAX last September on a 787 and it was pretty good for economy. Plenty of legroom and I'm 6' 1". First time I ever took a US carrier across the Pacific because of older terrible reviews. Unfortunately NRT-BKK-NRT was on ANA and their seat pitch and width sucks in economy. 

I have not flown with them

for a few years now . They would say every year that they were going to modernise their fleet but never did ! Maybe they have now ? Im

over 6ft as well and it was painful ! 

On 12/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, bubba said:

As a former 1K who flew between the West Coast and Bangkok frequently on United, I'd have to say I don't ever recall nine abreast Business Class. I thought it was 2x3x2 in Business Class and 3x4x3 in Economy

12 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

As a former 1K who flew between the West Coast and Bangkok frequently on United, I'd have to say I don't ever recall nine abreast Business Class. I thought it was 2x3x2 in Business Class and 3x4x3 in Economy

I stand corrected on that, SaintLouisBlues. It has been a few years, but my last UA business class flight was transpacific on a 747-400, and those were 2-4-2 or eight across downstairs. I got stuck with a middle seat, so it may as well have been nine across. 

Their new Polaris Class which started rolling out last month will be a huge improvement, with 2-1-2. Although I swore them off forever with that middle seat in eight abreast seating, having had a look at Polaris, I would be willing to give them another go.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:34 PM, Jonathyan said:

965 flights per day = One fight every 1.49 minutes. I don't think so!

Jesus.  Air Force planes on scramble alert don't muster that fast!  DFW airport in the USA only does 900 flights per day.  Are they actually saying BKK has more flights per day than the massive DFW?  Or is this just some weird Thai math