Can't Play Game...

Totster

I installed GTA San Andreas yesterday... everything went fine, I watched the intro.. then it stopped and closed, went back to desktop.

First I thought it was a directx problem, so I checked and I have the latest version, and all tested ok.

So then I installed the latest graphic driver... still the same problem..

What can I do, I'm not a gamer or anything, but I wouldn't mnd having a play every now and again.. any suggestions ?

totster :o

I installed GTA San Andreas yesterday... everything went fine, I watched the intro.. then it stopped and closed, went back to desktop.

First I thought it was a directx problem, so I checked and I have the latest version, and all tested ok.

So then I installed the latest graphic driver... still the same problem..

What can I do, I'm not a gamer or anything, but I wouldn't mnd having a play every now and again.. any suggestions ?

totster :D

first question would be: is the game a legitimate copy? most pirated ones do not work properly.

second question: have you searched the net for any updates or patches to the game? you might need to install a patch. either from the producer of the game or any possible third party developers.

also make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements of the game. i've given up playing games on PC. takes a good gaming pc to fill most gaming requirements. $$$$ i'll stick to PS2 :o

google and you shall seek ! :D

good luck.

Edited by tigerbeer

...first question would be: is the game a legitimate copy? most pirated ones do not work properly.

second question: have you searched the net for any updates or patches to the game? you might need to install a patch. either from the producer of the game or any possible third party developers.

also make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements of the game. i've given up playing games on PC. takes a good gaming pc to fill most gaming requirements.

Couldn't advise you better...Good luck

Tots, if you can get as far as the options menu, try setting all graphics down to the mimumum at first, thereby maybe helping to pinpoint the prob.

On GTA 2 and GTA London ( free dowloads from manufacturer rockstar games, therefore legal) the options menu is actually before the game, a "GTA MANAGER" window that opens first.

Then adjust settings upwards, trying to pinpoint it.

Or just did some browsing:

Similar Problem to Totster??

Edited by kayo