Honda City 2017 information

cerox

Hello guys,

I'm planning to buy a new car and I'm looking at different models at the moment. It'll be my first car in Thailand, so my experience here is limited and before that I only drove European car names. From what I understand the Japanese cars like Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc. offer good value for money, no "luxury/import tax" and a good resale value / less depreciation.

Before I go to the dealer in my city, I'd like to understand some basics (I'm not really knowledgeable about cars :) ) so I'm prepared.

My  first challenge is a little bit embarrassing. I went to the Honda international website ( world.honda.com ) and the Honda city is not listed there at all.

So I'm wondering: Is it a car model only sold in some countries?

When I go to the Honda.co.th website, even if I switch the language to English, only the menu is in English - all the technical specifications are in Thai.

I speak intermediate Thai but I'd really just like to focus on the car research for now, rather than translating all the technical terms, that already make me frown reading them in English :)

So my question is, where did you find information about this car? There are many different models and prices, so I'm trying to find  what is suitable.

Any help would be very appreciated :)

The Motor Expo is on at present. You could ask all the questions you want there.

If you are a long way away spend the night locally.

Really the only opertunity you will have to see all the cars in one venue and quite close together

15 hours ago, JAS21 said:

The Motor Expo is on at present. You could ask all the questions you want there.

If you are a long way away spend the night locally.

Really the only opertunity you will have to see all the cars in one venue and quite close together

I've never been to a BKK Motor Expo.

Do  they offer a price list for each car  as one gets  from a local car dealership?

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Do  they offer a price list for each car  as one gets  from a local car dealership?

Then maybe you should go once in your life, there are usually a few pretty girls polishing the car bonnets as well, but this year they are clothed head to toe.  

For each make, except the very exclusive makes eg Farrari, there are several Car Dealerships there for each make ie Ford, Mazda el al. In fact at least one rep from each Car Dealership. They will talk to you, give you the financial options and if you want you can buy there and then. In fact you almost have to fight them off.

There are also small stands who will sell a variety of car accessories, screen film, car cams, cleaning products.

For someone, yes they have motor bikes there as well ..:smile:  

You get the chance to see all the different makes and models and not too far apart from each other .....

It's basically Bangkok Motor Show No2.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I's definitely worth visiting the show. You can see all the cars under one roof and get price lists. Many Thais order even without a test drive and book the car there and then. There may also be the place nearby where you can do a short test drive (normally every year they have that. Towards the end of the show, they deals may bet better. I was told the mazda 3 is a good buy at the moment so may be worth looking at. I plan to go there Monday...I usually come away with some Meguiars polish...and not a new car:)

Archived