Kings Birthday 5th Dec

Pdavies99

Surely if they add more holidays there will have to be a point where they nullify some older ones? 365 days closed is not really key to growth and prosperity and 'good luck'.

Banks/Gov't days are clean cut.  I suspect bars will be mostly closed, though restaurants may open in a very low key kind of way.  Mom & Pop stores will likely be same as they always are.

7 hours ago, wayned said:

Post office closed,.

The new King's birthday is 28 July.  I wonder if that will be a new holiday!

No doubt it will be a new holiday, which public servants and banks will enjoy.

Devotees of the Dearly Departed King may well still observe December 5 until their own lives pass.

.. and initially, not pay much quite as much attention to the new holiday. Who knows.

Expect that emotions will be mixed for quite some time.

Many will observe out of wishful thinking, and respecting the situation, even if the love is not the strongest motive.

Love and respect is earned through deeds.*

Time will tell.

That said I do have the sense that the solemnity of the passing and monumental respect the people have for his father, the Crown Prince will grow into the role, and truly become the King Thailand needs.

In all sincerity, I share their passion.

* Take note: I am not in inferring any sort of criticism, only speaking of human behaviour in general.

14915410_10210809283047509_2619046066025838146_n.jpg

46.jpg

Edited by TechnikaIII
Clarifying content

7 hours ago, malt25 said:

LOS. The land of public holidays.

You do realize Thai workers get no 3 or 4 weeks paid holidays off every year right? Back home we had 17 or 19 stat holidays and then several weeks vacation paid. Here stat holidays only. Thais work many more hours in a year than in the West.