Uk Holiday Visa Application For Thai Wife

All, Iam going to apply for a holiday visa for my Thai wife to visit the uk.Our son has duel citizenship so an English & Thai passports.We live in Thailand.What I need advise on is whether or not its possible for me to apply online for my wife to get a visa as Iam currently out of the Country working ? Iam sure that due to the fact we are Married and our Son has a UK passport the Process should be easier ? Anyone help with this ?

I cannot reply much but adding that you post it in the wrong forum, this one is for visa to thailand. The next forum down is for visa to go abroad, post there and check, you may find more help and readers.

p.s. I don't know about UK, but for Italy I know for certain that as hard it is to get a visa a "normal" person, as soon as you have an Italian child, even if you are not married and the kid's father is nowhere to be found (which is much worse than your case), a family visa to the mum could not be denied, since the child has the right to go back to his own country and the mum has the right/duty to accompany him. (much different than having a thai son and try to get a visa to stay in thailand)

Matcube.

pp.ss I just noticed that after my post (which I am editing) someone moved down the topic in the right forum, as I was suggesting. Thanks.

Edited by matcube

All, Iam going to apply for a holiday visa for my Thai wife to visit the uk.Our son has duel citizenship so an English & Thai passports.We live in Thailand.What I need advise on is whether or not its possible for me to apply online for my wife to get a visa as Iam currently out of the Country working ? Iam sure that due to the fact we are Married and our Son has a UK passport the Process should be easier ? Anyone help with this ?

In theory you may have a good case, but I would caution against making any assumptions since the British Embassy will have extremely severe filtering procedures in place (for good reasons at this time) and you could alway run foul of them if you aren't fully in charge of the application.

You may wish to consider employing one of the experienced agents who do these things for you in Bangkok (my experience of them is purely second-hand) but I saw one of them advertising the other day in a banner in the Bangkok Post Web site. They claim to be really expert in getting UK visas from the British Embassy for Thai women, including past visa refusals and "no visa, no fee". Please excuse me if you are already aware of this, but in case you would like to check it out the Web site is www.visano1.com.

expatgaz,

Don't waste your money on a visa agent. It is perfectly possible to make the application oneself.

She cannot apply on line, but can download the application form from here. The completed form, together with the necessary supporting documents and fees, then needs to be presented to the UK Visa Application Centre, either in person, by courier or by post.

A check list of the necessary supporting documents can be found here.

For further information see Guidance for Visitors Visa Applications.

The above information can also be viewed in Thai here for the VAC website and here for the embassy website.

Reading through the guidance you can see that paying an agent would be a complete waste of money. She is your wife, you have a child and you are resident in Thailand (and can prove it?) so should not have any problems.