sourcing for washer repairman

SinKhaPoChin

im in need of a repairman to take a look at Samsung washing machine. Bought from Big C November last year so it's effectively out of warranty. It worked fine until the spin-dry stage then the spin began to drag as if there is something resisting the spin. Actually the machine had just been moved and i suspect something inside it may had dislodged.

I inquired with Big C and they told me to find a shop to repair it. Claimed they do not have Samsung Service number here in Chiang Mai and gave me the Bangkok service centre number. They cant even help to at least point me to a repair shop. Call the Bangkok number and they wanted me to bring the damn thing to their shop (in Chiang Mai). Repair will take 2-3 weeks. They dont make house call or delivery after repair.

seem like it's impossible to find a repair man in Chiang Mai. I had a similar experience last year with my Hitachi water pump. In the end i just go to Global get a new replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Have you tried the Samsung Service centre on the north side of the moat?  If they do not repair washing machines they can probably tell you who will.  There is another Samsung service centre  in Building A in Promenada that might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.12.06_22h58m12s_001_.png

Have you tried the Samsung Service centre on the north side of the moat?

Thanks. Went there yesterday. Found no joy there too. Gave me the same damn procedure -

Call the Bangkok service center. Only they can authorise ChiangMai service center to pick up the item back to shop for evaluation. No on-site service at customer premises. Will get a quotation 1-2 weeks because long line of repair jobs. Minimum service charge will be imposed but only Bangkok center can advise the amount.

Her parting shot - item is out of warranty. It's wiser to get it repaired "outside".

Absurd customer service. Wonder why and what are they here for?

b6648c92772cad9400e5d9a7bcce35c2.jpg

23 minutes ago, SinKhaPoChin said:

Thanks. Went there yesterday. Found no joy there too. Gave me the same damn procedure -

Call the Bangkok service center. Only they can authorise ChiangMai service center to pick up the item back to shop for evaluation. No on-site service at customer premises. Will get a quotation 1-2 weeks because long line of repair jobs. Minimum service charge will be imposed but only Bangkok center can advise the amount.

Her parting shot - item is out of warranty. It's wiser to get it repaired "outside".

Absurd customer service. Wonder why and what are they here for?

b6648c92772cad9400e5d9a7bcce35c2.jpg

Makes you wonder doesnt it.  Would Amorn.....Niyom Panich repair I wonder.  Maybe an irate message to Samsung head office....wont do any good but......

Siam TV have a service department. If you are able to get it to them, they may be able to help.

Personally, I would open up the machine and check what the problem is.

Our LG developed a fault on the water outlet valve, it was letting the water out all the time. I took the back off and the valve was easily removable and just required a clean to remove the coagulated soap.

I bought stuff from Saha Panit and they come to repair it long after warrant has expired.  Very good service, same guys coming for about 15 years, they work territories.  SP used to repair things they did not sell but I think that may have ended.