Russian Navy Visit

glassdude007

I didn't see the Russian navy's flagship Admiral Kuznetsov on the video.

Asean smog map seems to confirm that it's not currently in the area. 

I recall about 10 years ago the US Navy came to Phuket.  Bangla was busy all afternoon as the boys needed to get back in the evening.  After that trouble with the taxis at the pier, haven't been back much.  Not sure if Fat Leonard had any impact.  Tidy earner while it lasted.  Wonder where they go now?

54 minutes ago, GiantFan said:

I recall about 10 years ago the US Navy came to Phuket.  Bangla was busy all afternoon as the boys needed to get back in the evening.  After that trouble with the taxis at the pier, haven't been back much.  Not sure if Fat Leonard had any impact.  Tidy earner while it lasted.  Wonder where they go now?

I remember a few years when BS started about how they were going to get from the pier to Bangla Road, they just sailed on by.

Millions and millions of baht didn't even hit the shores of Phuket, courtesy of the tuk-tuk mafia. 

Checked Phuket Navy League website.  Since 2013, only 3-4 ships a year.   Typically smaller frigates with 300+ complement versus thousands when the carrier groups came in.  More in years prior, 8-12.

Phuket shoots itself in the foot again.