Taxi Driver Jailed For Steel Pipe Road Rage Assault

snoop1130

Taxi Driver Jailed For Steel Pipe Road Rage Assault

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — A taxi driver was charged Wednesday morning with assault for allegedly beating another motorist with a steel pipe.

Taxi driver Bawornpan Srimek was sent to jail for six months for attacking the driver of a Mini Cooper near Phetchaburi Road’s Phrom Pong intersection in the Makkasan area.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/12/07/taxi-driver-jailed-steel-pipe-road-rage-assault/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-07

" Sutthinan Polsin told police he had been trying to cut into Bawornpan’s lane, but the taxi driver wouldn’t let him in and honked his horn. Sutthinan then cut the taxi off and got out of his car to confront the driver."

Ah huh... 

Well that was fast. Not that i condone the taxi drivers behaviour, but if it was the other way around, would there be a conviction n jail term meted out in record time even with video evidence?

Probably not cos all that will happen is a media conference from maybe the mini driver accompanied by his mother saying how good of a boy her son is and all the merits he make and a few wais and tears asking for forgiveness followed by going to the temple the week after shaving his head and becoming a monk to atone for his sins n make merite for his parents.

All will be forgiven

The above is just saying...

Edited by Moonmoon

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

Is there something about Mini Cooper S drivers that make them confront other drivers?

Yes. Thai Mini Cooper drivers are invariably egotistical, vain and self-centered people. That is why they buy a flashy small car because they can't afford a big one.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

6 months is utterly ridiculous for this. The Thai judges are horribly inconsistent (read wrong) when dishing out punishments.

A disgrace ?

I disagree. They already bent backwards from the usual Bt500 fine...recall the sentence for pistol whipping?

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

" Sutthinan Polsin told police he had been trying to cut into Bawornpan’s lane, but the taxi driver wouldn’t let him in and honked his horn. Sutthinan then cut the taxi off and got out of his car to confront the driver."

Ah huh... 

although this could have been avoided, the mini driver just shows the "i must be first mentality of the Thai man"

6 months is enough because of the provocation but on the other hand their should have been a charge for carrying a offensive weapon, or was there a legitimate reason for a taxi driver to carry an iron bar  

5 minutes ago, dieseldave1951 said:

although this could have been avoided, the mini driver just shows the "i must be first mentality of the Thai man"

6 months is enough because of the provocation but on the other hand their should have been a charge for carrying a offensive weapon, or was there a legitimate reason for a taxi driver to carry an iron bar  

True but still, who caused the whole thing to kick off? 

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh... 

well...everythings good now.......well....in 6 months anyway!:cheesy:

13 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Yes. Thai Mini Cooper drivers are invariably egotistical, vain and self-centered people. That is why they buy a flashy small car because they can't afford a big one.

Usually bought by mummy and daddy to make the little snot happy....got to wonder if he even has a job. 

I've noticed 1 thing having 1st visited Thailand 30 years ago.

1) All taxi drivers have a hidden deadly weapon

2) Al motorcycle taxi stand locations have hidden deadly weapons

3) all tuk tuk drivers carry hidden deadly weapons.

Earlier this year, the motorbike taxi stand next to the Marriot on Sukhumvit - 2 guys were sharpening their machetes on a cement block. And I doubt they were making som tum.

It's becoming the Wild Wild West of the ArmPit of Asia.

Edited by Americano555

43 minutes ago, Americano555 said:

I've noticed 1 thing having 1st visited Thailand 30 years ago.

1) All taxi drivers have a hidden deadly weapon

2) Al motorcycle taxi stand locations have hidden deadly weapons

3) all tuk tuk drivers carry hidden deadly weapons.

Earlier this year, the motorbike taxi stand next to the Marriot on Sukhumvit - 2 guys were sharpening their machetes on a cement block. And I doubt they were making som tum.

It's becoming the Wild Wild West of the ArmPit of Asia.

So true. 

I have even seen a gun under the chair of a taxi driver.

The guy was sleeping with his door open and anyone that would be close enough to his car could see the gun and take it.