Any annual check ups 50%off deals for Fathers Day / December

oldcarguy

Hi

Just wondering if anyone  had found a deal on annual check-ups in the BKK area this month

When Ensogo was in business there were always deals ,  But it does not look like anyone took over Ensogo business plan yet

and there is no Thai Groupon ,

Close to BTS -MRT would be nice ,  but anywhere OK

the prices at the big Private hospitals seem pretty high ,  but its been a few years and I should do it again :)

Thanks

I've been waiting to see if the Bangkok Hospital group (BNH, Bangkok Hospital, Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya, etc) will have their annual King's Birthday discounts this year, but so far have seen nothing.  I do see this on the Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya web site:  http://m.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/packages-promotions-en/item/1076-check-up-programs-just-for-you-en.html  but not sure if that's a December-only thing.  There is a note on that page:  "Available until 31 Dec 2016. Pre-paid package can be used up to 28 Feb 2017 " so maybe it's this year's version of the annual promotion?

In past years the promotion has been either a 50% discount, or two-for-one (two people get check-up for the price of one.)

Checking the web sites for BNH and Bangkok Hospital, I don't see any of the usual December promotions.

3 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

I've been waiting to see if the Bangkok Hospital group (BNH, Bangkok Hospital, Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya, etc) will have their annual King's Birthday discounts this year, but so far have seen nothing.  I do see this on the Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya web site:  http://m.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/packages-promotions-en/item/1076-check-up-programs-just-for-you-en.html  but not sure if that's a December-only thing.  There is a note on that page:  "Available until 31 Dec 2016. Pre-paid package can be used up to 28 Feb 2017 " so maybe it's this year's version of the annual promotion?

In past years the promotion has been either a 50% discount, or two-for-one (two people get check-up for the price of one.)

Checking the web sites for BNH and Bangkok Hospital, I don't see any of the usual December promotions.

FWIW I just had the equivalent to the Premier Check up in Chiang Mai, minus the stress test, vit. D and bone density tests for 4,990, so to charge 28,000 or even 17,000 shows just how much profit there is in these health checks

Agreed.

I might go to BNH where I have a doctor who I trust who acts as kind of a "GP" and see if she could custom make a check-up on her own and see how much it costs.  In the past (many years ago) when I had a package check-up at BNH I would consult her first and she would always add a couple tests she thought would be appropriate for me, but I've never asked for her to design a check-up from the ground up.  I live in the Pattaya area now and don't have any known doctor to turn to.

20 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Agreed.

I might go to BNH where I have a doctor who I trust who acts as kind of a "GP" and see if she could custom make a check-up on her own and see how much it costs.  In the past (many years ago) when I had a package check-up at BNH I would consult her first and she would always add a couple tests she thought would be appropriate for me, but I've never asked for her to design a check-up from the ground up.  I live in the Pattaya area now and don't have any known doctor to turn to.

You can go to any hospital that has a (accredited) lab and order blood tests from a list, most hospitals will have such check lists and typically the price of each test is shown next to the test. There's no reason to go to BNH or any other large hospital for this, in fact it's cheaper and equally as good to go to a state or government hospital where the cost of each test will be cheaper and the results exactly the same. I used to use McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai for this purpose but I now use the far cheaper CMU lab.

If you are unsure about which tests to order, perhaps look at the tests offered in various health packages by other hospitals, your age and sex will determine which tests you should have. Typically for a male aged over 50 years, the tests would include, lipids panel (cholesterol) , liver panel, renal panel (kidneys), thyroid, PSA, CEA, CBC, Blood Glucose, Hep. A,B & C, urine, stool (occult blood and parasites) and chest x-ray - all dooable for around 3,000 baht.

One more point: getting the tests is the easy part, finding somebody to read the results and interpret what they might mean is something else entirely. Just because a result is "in range" doesn't mean that everything is necessarily OK 100%, perhaps take the results and spend 300 baht on a good doctor and see what he/she has to say about them.

I go to Phyathai in Sri Racha once a year. They have some sort of special offer on their "wellness" packages every month, usually with one or two extras that vary monthly. I generally pay around the 4000B mark for a fairly full blood and urine test, PSA, X-ray, whole abdomen ultrasound and general prodding about. This is interpreted at the end by a doctor, and any treatment or further tests are discussed. For example, this year it was decided to halve my statin dose as my cholesterol level had dropped quite nicely.

If I didnt go there then I would probably just get the full blood and urine package done at a local lab as mentioned and then have it interpreted by the GP at Pattaya International. I've done that once too and the total cost was cheaper at 1000B for the doctor/hospital and under 2000B for the lab test. Though I didnt get the ultrasound with that and so I prefer the discounted full package.

Unfortunately their website is currently broken (hopefully they do better at repairing people than at repairing websites) but they generally have full information on it about the various packages and offers.

Phyathai also have branches in Bangkok where I imagine they also do special offers on packages.

22 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

plus to get anything out of it you really need the Doctor at the end who speaks pretty good English ,

Very true, but this has never been a problem for me at Phyathai Sri Racha. As far as I know they have doctors who speak Japanese also (many Japanese people work in nearby industrial parks).

This month's check up promotion at Phyathai Sri racha (I'm on theior mailing list):

Physical examination
·         Vital signs
·         Body mass index
·         Visual acuity test
·         Short & long sight
·         Chest x ray
·         Electrocardiogram
·         Ultrasound of the whole abdomen
·         Urine examination
·         Complete blood count
·         Fasting blood sugar (diabetes)
·         Cholesterol
·         Triglyceride
·         HDL (good cholesterol)
·         LDL (bad cholesterol)
·         Kidney function test
·         Liver function test
·         Prostate (PSA) for men
.         Cervical screening (CE-125) for ladies
·         Uric Acid
·         Check up report
·         Total cost = 3,990 Baht

In Bangkok, there are packages lower than 4,000 baht at several hospital, though these will be the standard package and not include things like stress test, ultrasound (seldom indicated) etc.

http://www.saintlouis.or.th/promotion/show/package_health_check

http://www.camillianhospital.org/en/program-standard/

http://www.bch.in.th/promotion-th/item/528-health-check-up-2016.html

Wherever you go, need to do your own homework first as to the tests needed.