1 Way Flights

Hi all

Just a quick question...has anybody flown from the uk on a 1 way flight..and if so did you have any problems with BKK imigration?

Im going to BKK next week to re-apply for my wifes visa...but i dont know how long im going to be out there...

Sooo im booking a 1 way ticket and will buy another where WERE coming back..

Appreciate any replys

Dean

Hi all

Just a quick question...has anybody flown from the uk on a 1 way flight..and if so did you have any problems with BKK imigration?

Im going to BKK next week to re-apply for my wifes visa...but i dont know how long im going to be out there...

Appreciate any replys

Dean

There have been a number of threads on this subject lately.

If you have a Visa to enter Thailand then no problem

If you expect to get a stamp on entry then you could get problems from the airline at check in, some have been refused. some had to buy onward tickets at the airport before they were allowed on, some say no problem. The general concensus would be to have an onward flight or a Visa to be safe.However you are unlikely to get problems at Thai immigration.

Hi Dean,

There are varying view points on this.

I have read on here, some who do it all the time, others say it is a dodgy way of going about things.

Do a search on this forum and on the travel forum there have been a couple of threads relating to it.

Good Luck

Moss

Hi deanuk

I alway use a oneway ticket but i pay the £25 and get a tourist visa from royal thai consulate in cardiff

on the visa app you can get from their site it asks about intended destination and means of travel so I always put ' by land' to 'cambodia'

never had a problem and also spoke to a very helpful lady at the consulate who that was fine...passport/visa always arrives back within 2-4 days

hope that helps

jgbc

Get your self a visa .

.....got stopped at check in in sweden ,ok it was a few years ago now..had to buy a one year ticket to thailand.

Not thrue that a return ticket will always be cheeper :o

I used to buy single ticket to thailand (for 8 years)

occationally get returns if I knew when I had to get back.

Hi all

Appreciate any replys

Dean

Never a problem with Bkk , sometimes a problem in UK.

It is at the discretion of the airline to allow you to fly to Los.

I have had a 60 day stamp and the airline has still insisted on a ticket out of los.

3 times the bar stewards have made me pay for at icket from Bkk to wherever, usually Penang.

It's down to luck.

BA / Phillipine Airlines and Quantas have all done it to me.

Sometimes they are paranoid and think that they will be liable [ true]

to the fee for bringing u back if u are refused entry. :o

Good luck mate !

:D

I got a single entry 90 day visa Non Imm O from the Hull embassy at the end of april and came out on a one way ticket no problem, I stopped over at doha but cant remember the airline ! Old age catching up on me. I think it was gulf air. I was given a 90 day stamp at Bangkok Airport the in July I converted to retirement visa.