West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Tottenham at WHL in Oct/Nov 75 was my first ever away game.Fantastic atmosphere A sea of claret and blue outside and in, in all parts of the ground. Zoom forward 38 years and I'll be watching this thing (family friendly sanitized product) on a Samsung Galaxy.in Chiang Mai, I feel like Catweazle!

We aren't actually playing that bad. We just aren't doing the job up front. I would give Elliott Lee a go. He's banging them in in the dev squad.

I am sorry but there is no excuse

Carroll was always injury prone - they (we) knew that

They did not sign anyone decent as cover and when they enquired about Lukaku they were told he was going to West Brom and would not talk to them under any circumstances - they should have insisted and even flown a helicopter to wherever he was - you just do not take no for an answer

Upshot was 10 minutes before the deadline he signs for Everton - so much for not talking to anyone!!

Our problem on the transfer front is that we have Brady negotiating - like Tottenham we have learnt that the old style of negotiating has gone out of the window - they brought in Baldini and all of a sudden Levy is a Messiah - coincidence?

Brady may be good at running the club and watching how money is spent, marketing etc etc

However the transfer market is about Football people talking to footballers and agents - Brady just does not fit that mould

And as for bringing in young players and hoping they do well is not the way forward

I would go all out in January to get Defoe who may be disillusioned by then and even Adebayor until the end of the season - otherwise my fellow Hammers - we are going down

I hope you don't go down. The premiership needs great clubs like West Ham, and needs managers of character like Sam (and Arry). Many won't agree with that though.

After last nights performance, I think there's quite a few that will agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...

NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED rolleyes.gif

Does that mean you returning constantly to this page like a hungry mozzie. laugh.png Tell you one thing,any side would have found it difficult against these Galacticos, yesterday, including Tottenham

Money talks in football nowadays, haven't you noticed.laugh.png Anyway you boys had an ok/par performance for a 100+ million pound team. However there was no need for that distress flare. That should have been let off the week before after Morrison's goal. laugh.png

Money talks in football nowadays, haven't you noticed.laugh.png Anyway you boys had an ok/par performance for a 100+ million pound team. However there was no need for that distress flare. That should have been let off the week before after Morrison's goal. laugh.png

Should have done that when their one man team took their CL chances off to Madrid.

• 4 weeks later...

Can either of them play on the wing?

We have numerous forwards at the club. We need to get them fit and play to their strengths. No good playing as if Carroll is in the team when he isn't.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise there was a difference.

whistling.gif

A well deserved win today. First time for a while that we got the win we deserved. One for Diame and one each for the Cole twins who came on as subs. Fulham are on the way down and must be regretting taking down the Michael Jackson statue.

Morrison just steamrollered there defence when he came on and made both goals although Fulham really are poor at the moment,interesting if they brought Rene Mangosteen in to work with Jol or just got him in early to take over when he is sacked!

Fulham even make Downing and the two Cole's look decent biggrin.png

Edited by MrRed

• 3 weeks later...