West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Best 80 mins of the Season by a long way, followed by the worst 10 mins, typical West Ham.. :D

Apparently Upson's only a dead leg so should be fit for Saturday..

Why wasn't there a Center Back on the bench though on Saturday ??

Ask your vaunted manager this question.

Davenport was fit too yet he choose 2 Left Midfielders to have on the Bench instead in Etherington ( understandable ) & Kyle Reid ???

& to have Scott Parker on the pitch for 15 mins after the first of 3 occasions caught on Camera saying " I'm fcuked " when the opposition bring on fresh legs, was poor Management in my opinion & showed a bit of naivety, especially with Mullins on the bench...

Still, i thoroughly enjoyed the forst 80 mins & thought we were great, roll on Saturday & how or when we're gonna keep a clean sheet i don't know so 3-1 West Ham.. :o

Best 80 mins of the Season by a long way, followed by the worst 10 mins, typical West Ham.. :D

Davenport was fit too yet he choose 2 Left Midfielders to have on the Bench instead in Etherington ( understandable ) & Kyle Reid ???

& to have Scott Parker on the pitch for 15 mins after the first of 3 occasions caught on Camera saying " I'm fcuked " when the opposition bring on fresh legs, was poor Management in my opinion & showed a bit of naivety, especially with Mullins on the bench...

Still, i thoroughly enjoyed the forst 80 mins & thought we were great, roll on Saturday & how or when we're gonna keep a clean sheet i don't know so 3-1 West Ham.. :o

i'd be a bit worried if i were you man. every other team bar west brom at present looks better suited to a relegation scrap than the hammers do. playing your way out of trouble doesn't really work, you need to go back to basics.

Still, i thoroughly enjoyed the forst 80 mins & thought we were great, roll on Saturday & how or when we're gonna keep a clean sheet i don't know so 3-1 West Ham.. :D

i'd be a bit worried if i were you man. every other team bar west brom at present looks better suited to a relegation scrap than the hammers do. playing your way out of trouble doesn't really work, you need to go back to basics.

I think the we'll be alright once the ownership issue and the Tevez thing gets settled. We are in transition but have started to play some good stuff. There are worse outfits around and there are players to comeback from injury. plus the emergence of 3 good youngsters.. :o:D

Ask your vaunted manager this question.

How can i, i'm 8,000 miles away & don't know him ?? :D

I'd be more worried if we were losing & playing sh*t.. We just need a little bit of luck to go our way cos we're certainly playing well enough..

Hull have acumalated quite a few points but i wouldn't be surprised if my prediction of all 3 who came up to go down & if they don't, Hull will be the one's that stay up but i very much doubt it'd be at our expense, i'd go for Fulham or Newcastle personally..

Why oh why did those other people sack Ramos ??

Wish they would have kept him til Xmas as i doubt if they would have got another point of they did... :o

I'd be more worried if we were losing & playing sh*t.. We just need a little bit of luck to go our way cos we're certainly playing well enough..

Hull have acumalated quite a few points but i wouldn't be surprised if my prediction of all 3 who came up to go down & if they don't, Hull will be the one's that stay up but i very much doubt it'd be at our expense, i'd go for Fulham or Newcastle personally..

Why oh why did those other people sack Ramos ??

Wish they would have kept him til Xmas as i doubt if they would have got another point of they did... :o

I agree about Ramos. I'm always disappointed when they sign a new boss, expecting them to turn it round, but it turns out to be unfounded pessimism. This time it wasn't.

I think Porsmouth will be struggling this year.

A clean sheet will do us the World of good, i'm sur it will, phychologically..

We played much better last week in the Everton Game which i can't believe i'm writing but it's true, however a Clean Sheet will give us confidence..

Big, big Game next week up in Mackem Land, i think i'll sit on the Fence & go for another 0-0..

Just like London Buses aye, them Clean Sheets ?? :o

We played much better last week in the Everton Game which i can't believe i'm writing but it's true, however a Clean Sheet will give us confidence..

Big, big Game next week up in Mackem Land, i think i'll sit on the Fence & go for another 0-0..

Genuinely pleased to see West Ham stop the rot (yeah,youv'e guessed it,it's the Zola connection).What a brilliant save by Green,though!

I agree about Ramos. I'm always disappointed when they sign a new boss, expecting them to turn it round, but it turns out to be unfounded pessimism. This time it wasn't.

I think Porsmouth will be struggling this year.

i think you might be right. bent harry was the glue at that place, without him they're a collection of individuals and tony adams' pious sobriety won't be enough in a scrap. not to mention now many of their best players the scrotum-faced crook will purloin in the january window.

Genuinely pleased to see West Ham stop the rot (yeah,youv'e guessed it,it's the Zola connection).What a brilliant save by Green,though!

It won't stop for long unless he has the balls to change the formation that he's played in every Game so far, we just haven't got the Players to play the Game in the way he wants & we're gonna get regulary punished if we continue to play it, unfortunately..

Defeat today would see us in the Relegation Zone for the first time this year unless Blackburn win at <deleted> Fart Lane, which i can't see happening.

I am pretty confirdent though especially with a few of our Players having very good International week with Bellamy scoring, Collins with another clean sheet, Collison running the Game in DK according to Reports, Behrami winni9ng & playing 45 mins for the Swiss & Upson too for England..

Fingers cossed anyway..

Ilumga has a niggle but should be fit to start..

1-1

Told you clean sheets were luck Buses, thankfully we nicked one at the other end too... :D

We needed that big time, little bit of relief anyway..

Next 3 Games we're at Anfield, at hiome to the Y*ds then at Stamford Bridge so that Spuds Game becomes bigger than usual in my opinion..

still optimistic about avoiding the relegation scrap this season hammers?

What based on yesterday you mean ??

Of course not, it's only one result, lot's more Football to be played BUT.................We certainly aren't one of the worse 3 sides in the League, that's for sure but i'm not stupid enough to think that based on that, Teams still don't get relegated..:o

We'll be one of about 13 Clubs that have a realistic chance of going down this year, in fact i'll name them in no particular order & the key to staying up is the results each Club get when playing each other..

Thta's why i'm completely prepared to lose at Anfield next week..

WBA - Look poor

Stoke - Getting the right results when needed but still capable of going on a bad, bad run.

West Ham - Pretty Football but that doesn't always get you the Points that matter

Blackburn - Look to me is if they don't want to play for their Manager which is a BAD sign.

Wigan - Currently in the bottom 3,says a lot.

Fulham - Possibly the best Fulham sid for a few years but still capable of getting beaten bad quite a lot..

Pompey - Inexperienced Manager, like West Ham, may all go wrong at any stage..

Sunderland - Don't look very good & aren't getting the Results they need to get against the other Teams listed.

Newcastle - The place is a Circus, anything could happen including relegation.

Hull - May possibly have too many points on the Board to go down but i just think they're starting to get found out.

Bolton - Always there or thereabouts but their experience might see them throguh.

Boro - Very inconsistent & haven't got any strength in depth at all..

T*ttenham - Can't rule them out as when the Redknapp Honeymoon is over & they have a couple of bad results, they'll still be in a bad position..

Of course not, it's only one result, lot's more Football to be played BUT.................We certainly aren't one of the worse 3 sides in the League, that's for sure but i'm not stupid enough to think that based on that, Teams still don't get relegated..:o

We'll be one of about 13 Clubs that have a realistic chance of going down this year, in fact i'll name them in no particular order & the key to staying up is the results each Club get when playing each other..

WBA - Look poor

Stoke - Getting the right results when needed but still capable of going on a bad, bad run.

West Ham - Pretty Football but that doesn't always get you the Points that matter

Blackburn - Look to me is if they don't want to play for their Manager which is a BAD sign.

Fulham - Possibly the best Fulham sid for a few years but still capable of getting beaten bad quite a lot..

Sunderland - Don't look very good & aren't getting the Results they need to get against the other Teams listed.

Hull - May possibly have too many points on the Board to go down but i just think they're starting to get found out.

Bolton - Always there or thereabouts but their experience might see them throguh.

T*ttenham - Can't rule them out as when the Redknapp Honeymoon is over & they have a couple of bad results, they'll still be in a bad position..

So go on then stick yer neck out mate....who IS going down IYHO?

Of course not, it's only one result, lot's more Football to be played BUT.................We certainly aren't one of the worse 3 sides in the League, that's for sure but i'm not stupid enough to think that based on that, Teams still don't get relegated.. :o

WBA - Look poor

So go on then stick yer neck out mate....who IS going down IYHO?

Okay, i'll go WBA, Stoke &.....................errrrrrrr............................Blackburn, i think..

Edit : I had to change it...LOL

Edited by MSingh

Okay, i'll go WBA, Stoke &.....................errrrrrrr............................Blackburn, i think..

I was thinking the same. I think Portsmouth will be challenging them but still have enough good players as long as they don't get too severely raped and pillaged in January.

I was thinking the same. I think Portsmouth will be challenging them but still have enough good players as long as they don't get too severely raped and pillaged in January.

& make no mistake, if BG sells some of our most prized assets to recoup some $$ in January & doesn't replace them with adequate Players, we'll be in the thick of it..

I think Saggy Face will go for Defoe & definately James for the Y*ds from Pompey, maybe Diarra ( is he on Loan to Pompey ?? ) too..

I thought I would elect myself as representative for all Man Utd fans on this site (and probably quite a few Gunners & Blues supporters as well).

So on behalf of us all "Good Luck" for tonight and "Go the Irons".......... :o . :D . :D .

Edited by LeungKen

what's your likely XI tonight hammers?

To be honest, we've got very much a Full Squad tonight to choose from except Dyer, Gabbidon & Ashton who are all Long Termers..

I think we'll set up like this

-----------------Green------------------

Neill-------Collins---------Upson--------Ilunga

Behrami-------Parker-------Noble/Collison/Bowyer--------Boa Morte

------------Bellamy---------Cole------------

With, for us, a pretty strong Subs Bench..

He played the 4-4-2 at Sunderland & it makes us tighter than the normal 4-3-3 so i expect he'll play it tonight..

Who knows, we're very unpredictable & have looked much stronger since having Upson & Collins at Center Half & have been playing some good stuff that unfortunately hasn't really got us the Results & i don't expect anything of than a Defeat tonight unfortunately..

That's just the realist in me... :o

well minus torres i don't think we're set up to score particularly bundles of goals at home, so if we can keep a clean sheet i can see us nicking it one or two nil. depends largely on how we set up.

I pretty much agree & can't really see where we're gonna score from so the smart $$ is on 1-0 & 2-0..