Kuala Lumpur

Last time i was Down in KL i stayed at what seemed like a real nice place - when i checked in! The Wang Chin Inn they called it. I think i paid about 200 ringgit a night there which i though was a real good deal. Until night fell and them battyboys creeped out of the woodwork. I'd left the hotel in the early afternoon to see the sights, have a few lamb chops and wet my whistle. I guess i over did the whistle wetting! cause i came back in a stink. I could hardly remember it the next day but a few of them dragdolls relieved me of my watch, my ring and my best arrow-head necklace. I had wicked abrasions on my face, pavement burns on my knees and a cracking pain in my back. I told the man at the desk, the son of the owner, all i could remember about it but he said it was my own fault for coming back in such a state. I guess he might not be entirely wrong about that. But i got my TV the next day at 2pm and hightailed it back across that border on the next bus. So i don't know where you should stay but i would avoid that Wang Chin Inn if you was thinking about staying there. ChokeDeeKrap!!

Edited by Roger Dodger

There's a place calle SuCasa on Jalan Ampang probably five or ten minutes fron the Embassy. I don't know the rate but I'll get back to you, chances are it won't be that low as it is pretty central in the Embassy quarter of KL. Just advised single room is 168 Ringgit per night (about 1680 Baht) so it's not that cheap.

You'll probably get a much better deal down Chinatown way but I don't have any info to hand, many back packers lodge down that way. From Pasar Seni station on the LRT to Ampang Park costs 1 Ringgit 60 sen (about 16 Baht) and takes around 5 minutes then it's around 15 minute walk to the Thai Embassy.

You'll probably get a much better deal down Chinatown way but I don't have any info to hand, many back packers lodge down that way. From Pasar Seni station on the LRT to Ampang Park costs 1 Ringgit 60 sen (about 16 Baht) and takes around 5 minutes then it's around 15 minute walk to the Thai Embassy.

Watch that Chinatown, son.

Watch that Chinatown, son.

Yes take the LRT to Ampang Park(red line) and walk about 1K to the east to get the the Consulate.

I would head to Bukit Bintang(BB) golden triangle area chinatown for good cheap lodging. Its more interesting with things to do and eat. Lots of guesthouses if you walk around. Expect about 50 or 60 ringgit (500 -600 baht) for a single room with A/C and shared bathrooms. Less if your bunk in a shared room.

Tengat Tong Shin ( a short road ) has maybe 5 guesthouses. The Eight guesthouse is probably the nicest but usually full. I think its 85 ringgit for a private small room and 30 ringgit for the bunk room.

http://www.numbereight.com.my/eight.html

Spread out from that area and you should find something your happy with.

From BB its not hard to take LRT's to Ampang park but it does require you change lines. I usually go from Times Square which is the big mega mall entertainment complex. Its really something to see. Imax theater, 1000 stores, indoor roller coaster etc.

From Times Square(blue line) to Bukit Nanas station and then walk a few blocks to Dang Wangi (red line). From Dang Wangi its east 3 stops to Ampang Park. In all three legs its a few kilometers of walking but very reasonable and interesting place to see.

The other way to do it is walk to Hung Tuah station on the green line and take it to Masjid Jamek and then just walk across the street for the red line and a straight shot to Ampang park.

BB is best place to hang out in KL. Lots of malls and cheap food. Be prepared if your a single guy then many mafia type arrangers will approach you asking if you want a girl. The deal is usually 200 ringgit for short time with a working girl. It seems that every hotel has a brothel floor operating in it but you could never tell from the outside. I just tell them I am going to Thailand tomorrow and its half the price and they leave me alone. Lots of massage hawkers too.

if you want a girl... The deal is usually 200 ringgit for short time with a working girl. It seems that every hotel has a brothel floor operating in it but you could never tell from the outside. I just tell them I am going to Thailand tomorrow and its half the price...

Erg, good buddy, i recommend you get your visa and get back out. Save yourself the 200 ringgit and trip to the clinic. It just ain't worth it buddy. Just relax in your room, watch a couple Star Movies and mill about down the shopping centre. You can scratch your own back, if you know what i mean :o