What Products From Back Home Are You Missing Here In Thailand?

george

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crunchy cheetos, Fritos, again on the Dr Pepper, Root beer, Pretzels, and Jello brand instant pudding.

Watching your weight SBK? :o

Cheetos and Root Beer are for hubby :D

Pretzels and Dr Pepper for me :D

Girlx, a problem with animal meds is that in the west, most of these are by Veterinary prescription only, don't think George could get them :D

:D Do you know, until I read Bkk madness' post I had forgotten about Jakes. I don't like processed meat, but a Jakes blow out mmmmmmmmmmmmmm (with extra mushrooms) I am dribbling now! Not an attractive sight

Extra mushrooms, extra cheese, 8-16 ounce of burger, with that delicious mayonaise they sell there.

(wheres the dribbling smiley?) :o

:D stop it Bkk madness. Did you ever get into the flyhouse? it was my local once I had graduated from the ask no questions about your age Barge aground. :D

Did you know that Billy Bragg was a Barking lad?

I popped in the Barge a bit, and I think I heard a guy was raped and hung in the Barge Aground, though he didn't die. Gotta love those Barking pubs. :o

I avoided the flyhouse coz it was full of the dickheads from my school, visits on freindsreunited tell me they are all still drinking there now. :D

I knew about Billy Bragg but here's a shocker that'll knock you off your feet. Did you know 'The Edge' from U2 was also from Barking? I bet you didn't!

SBK, looks like I'm down your way end of Jan so if you are desperate for Pretzels give me a shout, I think I can get them at Villa.

Edited by bkkmadness

I'm ok for pretzels, ate about 6 bags of them when I went back home this past two months :o

You don't have to watch your weight when all you eat is pretzels :D

Anyway, what about chalkboard (blackboard) paint? The real thing, not just regular old black paint

• 3 years later...

So, did the product delivery/order thing ever become a reality? I am looking for a lot of things from US, pickled sausages, real pepperoni, Ravioli, potato perogies, Pace Pecante sauce (hot), Jeno's Pizza rolls, Dr Pepper by the case, Mt Dew by the case, Budweiser beer, life savers candy,Smarties candy rolls, Jolly Rogers hard candies, and candy with cherry flavour, Thomas's English muffins,Hostess Twinkies, and Cupcakes, Gibbles Red Hot potatoe chips, Tic Tac mints, cinnamon candy, Jawbreakers, Decent Dips for chips, Man I can give you a big list, and I spend a ton at villa now, but can't find most of what I am looking for!!

I went crazy for my BBQ Sauce from home, (Famous Dave's, Devils Spit), and broke down and had 2 cases shipped here, never do that agin with that cost of shipping!!!!!

So, did the product delivery/order thing ever become a reality? I am looking for a lot of things from US, pickled sausages, real pepperoni, Ravioli, potato perogies, Pace Pecante sauce (hot), Jeno's Pizza rolls, Dr Pepper by the case, Mt Dew by the case, Budweiser beer, life savers candy,Smarties candy rolls, Jolly Rogers hard candies, and candy with cherry flavour, Thomas's English muffins,Hostess Twinkies, and Cupcakes, Gibbles Red Hot potatoe chips, Tic Tac mints, cinnamon candy, Jawbreakers, Decent Dips for chips, Man I can give you a big list, and I spend a ton at villa now, but can't find most of what I am looking for!!

I went crazy for my BBQ Sauce from home, (Famous Dave's, Devils Spit), and broke down and had 2 cases shipped here, never do that agin with that cost of shipping!!!!!

BTW, I like the Dr. Pepper idea. Would kill for it!

Ginsters Pies (Cornish Pasties),

:)

Ginsters are <deleted>, disgusting stuff. Glad they don't try and flog that <deleted> here. A real Cornish Pasty then that is a different matter.

looking at the link i dont think it did,

myself and the wife have a business in bangkok this is something i was thinking of adding to the business imported foods.

as it is i have to fly back to the uk once every other month for a week at a time and always fly back with a full suit case of these things,i get 40 kgs with thai with the gold card and 10 kgs carry on i was looking at setting up a proper import business its fairly easy to set up,just have to pay for the correct licences,and then the labels have to be translated to thai to sell.air frieght is not acually that bad.

the things i get asked for are

hp brown sauce

oxo's

bisto gravy granuels

cathedral city cheese

johnsons body and baby lotion

real uk chocolate ie twix's crunchie's malteasers etc

and the biggest one tins of corned beef and tins of spam

HAGGIS

greasy pakistani samosas

irn bru

mutton pies

chips in brown sauce served by Italians

heart attacks

McEwans 80/

Caledonian 70/

McEwans 60/

Other brands of 80/ & 70/

Belhaven 90/ that is so treacly you can't spit for a week.

Deuchars IPA

Pubs with painted ceilings

Woollen tights and little hats

Too much lipstick

That reminds me of a story I often tell, that ends

"...I'm never going back. You can't make me..."

Actually, now I come to think of it, that's the ending for several of my stories.

Mind, there's nothing special about Thailand. I missed all that in Manchester as well.

SC

Decent shavers..Schick mach 111

Corned meat frozen,I know its perishable...just wish

Glad cook in bags.

Gravox gravy

Cheeto's Cheese and Bacon balls,I will buy a box if you can get them!

An A5 yearly Diary,not those things here that have no date per page.

Bundaberg Red Rum..aroi mahk

Oh and decent Blu Tack,not the yellow stuff available here,I seem to use it for every thing.

Some of these products mentioned are in fact already available.....to help those members having severe withdrawal symtoms visit Carrefour Onnut.....in the large wide aisle that houses the bulk bags of rice is a good selection of both imported USA/Australian/UK "food".....on enquiry as to the good range....the comment made by the Thai grocery manager to me was..."many many falang Onnut....good idea to make more money for us you tell me what you want and I will get for you"....(and good on him)....I asked for Vegemite...2 weeks later it was on the shelf....amazing Thailand.

The only thing I miss in Thailand is good, extra sharp Canadian cheddar cheese. I see it occasionally in a few stores in Chiang Mai, but at exorbitant prices. It's at least 3 times as expensive in Thailand as it is in Canada, and usually not as nice.

Some of these have already been mentioned and some you can get here but only sometimes.

Atora Suet

Bran Flakes

All Bran

Ready Brek

Shredded Wheat

Shreddies

Angel Delight all flavours

Frey Bentos Tinned Steak & Kidney, Chicken & Mushroom

Robinsons: Lemon Barley Water, Orange and Pineapple squash (WITH SUGAR)

Ribena

Vista: Beef Curry in a packet

Bachelors Savory Rice in a packet

Desicated Coconut

Sherry: any type I want to cook with it.

Frazzles & Monster Munch

Smash (Dehydrated Mashed Potatoe)

Pot Noodles (All these Thai versions are horrible)

Robinsons mincemeat in a jar for mince pies.

Tate & Lyle Golden Syrup

Lemon Curd

Marzipan

Cadburys Tiinned Drinking Chocolate

Banana milkshake powder

Self Raising Flour

Vimto

Dr Pepper

Corona: Cherryade,Lemonade, Cream Soda

Cranberry Jelly

Mint Jelly

Edited by shadiadi

T Bags.

And not just any old tea bags either.. it has to be ....

pgtips.jpg

totster :)

Totally agree - I have not seen PG Tips anywhere in Thailand.

Roses Chocolates - Same

Special K Cider - Same

Hit and miss in Chiang Mai, although more often miss

Coleman's mustard

Large size shoes and trainers

Macvities Digestive Biscuits

that reminded me of something

has anyone seen lyles goldern syrup in thailand,i will have to bring some of that back next time i miss it in rice pudding and on toast.

but really is it for sale in thailand.